Wilderness of Thar Birding special tour is designed specially for bird lovers and photography enthusiast.
Tal Chhapar Sanctuary is located in Churu district of North-western Rajasthan in Shekhawati region of India. It is known for blackbucks and is also home to a variety of birds. It is 210 km from Jaipur on the fringe of the Great Indian Desert and situated on road from Ratangarh to Sujangarh. Tal Chhapar sanctuary lies in the Sujangarh Tehsil of Churu District. Area is mostly covered by grasses with a very few trees.
Birds pass through this area during September. Birds commonly seen in the sanctuary are harriers, eastern imperial eagle, tawny eagle, short-toed eagle, sparrow, and little green bee-eaters, black ibis and demoiselle cranes, which stay till March. Skylarks, crested larks, ring doves, and brown doves are seen throughout the year. Desert fox and desert cat can also be spotted along with typical avifauna such as partridge and sand grouse.
Khichan is a village in Rajasthan state of India. It is located in the Phalodi tehsil of Jodhpur district. The village is known for a large number of demoiselle cranes that visit it every winter. This annual bird migration began with around a hundred cranes in the 1970s, when a local couple started feeding pigeons. Other villagers joined their efforts, and as of 2014, Khichan now hosts over 20,000 demoiselle cranes from as early as August each year to as late as March of the following year.
Desert national park:
Desert National Park, Rajasthan, India, is situated in the West Indian state of Rajasthan near the town of Jaisalmer. This is one of the largest national parks, covering an area of 3162 km². The Desert National Park is an excellent example of the ecosystem of the Thar Desert. Sand dunes form around 20% of the Park. The major landform consists of craggy rocks and compact salt lake bottoms, intermedial areas and fixed dunes.
Perhaps the greatest attraction of the park is a bird called the great Indian bustard, an endangered species found only in India. The region is a haven for migratory and resident birds of the desert. Many eagles, harriers, falcons, buzzards, kestrel and vultures. Short-toed eagles, tawny eagles, spotted eagles, laggar falcons and kestrels are the most common among these.
The endangered great Indian bustard is a magnificent bird found in relatively fair numbers. The Desert National Park has a collection of fossils of animals and plants of 180 million years old. Some fossils of dinosaurs of 6 million years old have been found in the area.
|Day 1||Jaipur – Naliasar – Sambhar – Tal Chapar||Eco Mud Huts||L,D|
|Day 2||Tal Chapar – Gau Shala – Tal Chapar||Eco Mud Huts||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Tal Chapar – Jorbeer – Kheechan – Phalodi||Hotel||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Phalodi – Kheechan – Jaisalmer – Sam||Swiss Tent Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Desert National Park – Gajaimata sand dunes||Swiss Tent Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Desert National Park – Jaisalmer – Desert National Park||Swiss Ten Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 7||DNP – Jaisalmer – Jodhpur||B,L|
Day 1: Jaipur – Naliasar – Sambar Lake – Tal Chapar
Arrive at Jaipur railway station by 0800Hrs and meet The Tern Travellers leaders and transfer to Tal chapar via Naliasar & Sambhar. We halt for Birding around the Naliasar and Sambhar Lake. Head for lunch on way some local delicacies of Rajasthan in a proper restaurant. Drive to Tal Chapar and check in. Freshen up and rest for a while. If time permits we shall have one safari in Tal Chapar Blackbuck sanctuary. Returning back in the evening we shall have dinner in a local villa of Chapar and homely cooked food will be served for dinner. We call it off a day early.
Day 2: Tal Chapar – Gau Shala – Tal Chapar
Early chilling mornings with quick breakfast we shall head for safari no. 2, explore the grasslands of Tal Chapar. Drive to Gau shala in search of the rare species Spotted creeper and Eurasian Wryneck and also Spiny tailed lizards. Head for Lunch and drive to Tal chapar sanctuary again for a final safari in the grasslands. The mighty blackbucks and raptors can make your day, photographing them. Dinner will be served early and drive back to hotel.
Day 3: Tal Chapar – Jorbeer – Kheechan – Phalodi
Another chilling morning, have an early breakfast and drive to Jorbeer (A Caracas dump). It is a paradise for Raptors, with species like Egyptian Vulture, Cinereous vulture, Long Billed Vulture, White rumped Vulture, Indian Griffon, Himalayan Griffon, King Vulture, Steppe Eagle, Indian Spotted Eagle, Tawny Eagle, Black Eagle, Serpent Eagle, Bonelli’s Eagle and the rare of all Yellow eyed pigeon. Reach Jorbeer Vulture Conservation centre, explore the place and photograph. (Be ready for the strong stench and beware of the dogs). Lunch in Bikaner and drive straight to Kheechan for an evening stroll of the Demoiselle crane. Check In to hotel and rest for the day. Dinner will be served and call it off a day.
Day 4: Phalodi – Kheechan – Jaisalmer – Sam
Wake up early for a quick breakfast and check out from the hotel. Drive to Chugga Ghar – A feeding ground for these winter migrants. This tradition has been running since decades and generations. There is a proper record of every day’s arrival and departure of these flocks of birds. A cup of tea with knowledge of feeder who has been awarded by international bodies in wildlife. You can actually photograph the bird’s right above your heads and that too in huge flocks. The synchronization of flocks is a stunning view. After we finish photographing the birds, we drive straight to Sam via Jaisalmer. Check in to the campsite and have Lunch. Evening we head for Camel Cart safari in Desert National Park. Looking for Great Indian Bustard and other rare birds. Return to campsite, have dinner and call it off a day.
Day 5: Desert National Park – Gajaimata Sand dunes – Sam
It’s going to be cold and chilling early morning and a hot cup of tea shall make you warm. Drive straight to DNP main gate and move for our second Camel Cart Desert Safari. Return for lunch and drive to Gajaimata Sand Dunes where we look for foxes and also the Golden light. Photographing the dunes against the Golden light is a memory in itself. Drive back to Camp and post dinner call it off a day.
Day 6: Desert National Park – Jaisalmer – Sam Dunes – Sam
This day would be leisure as we drive through the some historic places of Jaisalmer and abandoned village of Kuldhara (apparently haunted and abandoned). Visiting the Fort of Jaisalmer (which is a live in Fort), palaces and finally the dunes of Sam. You can experience Jeep Dune safari or Camel rides in the dunes (On own). Lunch will be served in a traditional Jaisalmeri restaurant with local cuisines in the traditional way. Drive back in evening to camp and post dinner, call it off a day. You can enjoy traditional dance around the bon fire before and after dinner.
Day 7: DNP – Jaisalmer – Jodhpur
A lazy breakfast and we checkout from camp, drive straight to Jodhpur. Lunch will be served en-route. We should reach Jodhpur by 4 in the evening and wave off as we disperse and promise to meet again on some adventurous journey. Trip ends with new travel friends, memories and loads of Photographs.
|Tal Chapar||Eco Camps||Eco Huts|
|Phalodi||Hotel Fort View||Deluxe Hotel|
|Jaisalmer||Wind Desert Camp||Swiss Tent Resort|
***Note: Above mentioned hotel are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Transportation by AC Vehicle.
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- 2 Safaris in Tal Chapar
- 2 Safaris in Desert National Park
- 1 Camel Safari in Gajaimata Sand Dunes
- Excursion to Jaisalmer, Kuldhara and Sam Dunes
- Bird watching @ Tal chapar, Jorbeer, Kheechan, Naliasar, Sambar Lake
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- The Tern Travellers Leader
- Leader Charges
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Adventure sports at the property.
- Airfares/Rail fare.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|30 days before Departure||75%|
|15 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 15 days||50%|
|15 to 07 days||80%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 14th November 2017