AMBOLI – THE LAND OF FLYING FROG
Amboli is a hill station in south Maharashtra, India. At an altitude of 690 m it is the last hill station before the coastal highlands of Goa and a relatively unexplored one.
Amboli lies in the Sahayadri Hills of Western India, one of the world’s “Eco Hot-Spots” and it therefore abounds in a variety of fairly unusual flora and fauna. However, as in the other parts of the Sahaydri Hills, denudation of the forest cover and unregulated government assisted “development” (read “hotels, resorts & highways”) are gradually ruining a once pristine environment.
Historically, Amboli village came into being as one of the staging posts along the road from Vengurla port to the city of Belgaum, which was extensively used by the British to supply their garrisons in south and central India.
In the hills of Amboli village lies the source of the Hiranyakeshi river, and an ancient Shiva temple (called Hiranyakeshwar) exists at the cave where the water emerges. The main attraction for tourists is the incredibly high rainfall (7 m average per year) and the numerous waterfalls and mist during the monsoons. Legend has it that there are 108 Shiva temples in and around Amboli of which only a dozen have been uncovered, one as recently as 2005. There aren’t too many places to see or things to do but it is quiet, unpolluted and the local residents are good natured and helpful.
Region Amboli Ghat, Sawantwadi
No of Days Ex – Sawantwadi 02 Days
Grade Jungle walks Easy
Type Wildlife Forest walks
|Day 1||Sawantwadi – Amboli||L,D||Hotel|
|Day 2||Amboli – Sawantwadi||B,L|
Day 1: Sawantwadi to Amboli
Arrive Sawantwadi and transfer to Hotel by AC transportation. Check in to the hotel and relax. Enjoy lunch at the hotel and head out for afternoon nature trail and trek. Explore the forest of Amboli. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Amboli – Sawantwadi
Rise up to call of birds, and enjoy breakfast. Early morning breakfast and head out for Amboli nature trail. Check out from the hotel and transfer to Sawantwadi station. Tour ends with remarkable memories.
Ex-Sawantwadi: Adult: ₹3200/- per head on twin sharing basis
Group Requisite: 12 pax
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotel.
- Return transfers by Non Ac vehicle from Sawantwadi station
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Forest trails.
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fares
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|Advance||On or before 7 days|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|