VALLEY OF FLOWERS:
Officially, Frank Smyth is credited with discovering the Valley of Flowers in 1931, but in some circles it is believed that Richard Holdsworth, a botanist member of Smyth’s successful Kamet Expedition was the real discoverer of the Valley. Smyth got the information from him and went to see and work on it. Of course, the local people had always known about the Valley, but they would rarely venture into it because of a prevailing superstition that the valley was the abode of fairies and anyone venturing into it alone would be taken away by them.
Frank Smyth camped in the valley for one month to collect material for his book “The Valley of flowers” and took with him seeds for the Botanical Gardens in Edinburgh, Scotland. In furtherance of Smyth’s work, Joan Margarent Legge went to the Valley in 1939 to study and collect more flowers. She camped there for a few days, and unfortunately lost her life when she slipped from a rock while picking flowers. Later in 1944, her sister visited the Valley and built a small memorial in the shape of a tombstone. As a reminder of the great love she had for the Himalayas, inscribed on her marble tombstone are the following words.
Trekking valley of flowers
Some of the flowers which can be seen in this garden valley are: Pink Primula, Pedicularis, Golden Lily, creamy Anemones, large purple Asters, the rare white Androsace, the blue Borage, the rosy-petalled Cypripedium, blue-Forgetme-nots, green and chequered Fritillaries, pink Geraniums, purple and dwarf Irises, dwarf Larkspurs, the indigo-coloured Nomocharis, blue and yellow Pansies, mauve Polermomiums, the blue Poppy (Mecanopsis)- petals as blue as the ocean, white and red Potentillas, golden lilly, dwarf Rhododendrons Primulas in pink and blue and deepest purple, Ranunculus, pink Epilobium and the heavily perfumed Brahma Kamal.
Region Garhwal, Uttarakhand
No of Days Ex–Dehradun/Haridwar 06 Days
Trekking days 04 Days
Grade Easy to Moderate
Max Altitude Valley of Flowers (3600M) / Hemkund Sahib (4329M)
Type Himalayan Trek
|Day 1||Arrive at Dehradun/Haridwar – Transfer to Joshimath||Hotel||L,D|
|Day 2||Joshimath – Govind ghat – Ghangharia||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Ghangharia – Valley of Flowers – Ghangharia||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Ghangharia – Hemkund Sahib – Ghangharia||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Ghangharia – Govind ghat – Joshimath||Hotel||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Joshimath – Dehradun Drop at Airport/Station||B|
Day 01: Haridwar/Rishikesh to Joshimath
Arrival and pick-up from Haridwar/Rishikesh Railway Station; we start our drive to Joshimath (via Devprayag, Rudraprayag Karanprayag and Nandprayag) in a shared private vehicle. Breakfast and lunch on the way, reach Joshimath and evening free to relax and acclimatize. Dinner and overnight stay in Joshimath
Joshimath is a small town in the Uttarakhand Garhwal hills on the banks of Alaknanda River. This place is very famous for Sankracharya temple and is also the hub for many mountaineering and trekking expedition in Garhwal Himalayas.
Day 02: Joshimath to Govind ghat (drive) to Ghangharia (trek)
Post early breakfast, you drive from Joshimath to Govind ghat (a small hamlet situated on the confluence of Alaknanda and roaring Laxman Ganga and start point for the fully escorted trek). Govind Ghat to Ghangharia (base village for Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib) is a beautiful trek route with magnificent views and river accompanying you throughout. Hot lunch on the trek route
Late afternoon, arrive at Ghangharia on the banks of Laxman Ganga. Dinner and overnight stay in Ghangharia
Day 03: Day visit to Valley of Flowers (Max Altitude 3658mtrs)
Post breakfast, start our fully escorted trek to Valley of Flowers. The first part of the trek is through thick forest along the Pushpavati River. Later we trek in the open meadows. Arrive and explore the area. Witness several varieties of rare flowers including Blue Poppy, Potentilla, Geranium and hundreds of others. Packed lunch, flasks full of hot beverages as well as assorted refreshments will be arranged. Return to Ghangharia in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 04: Day visit to Hemkund Sahib (Max Altitude 4632mtrs)
Post breakfast today we start our fully escorted trek to Hemkund – internationally acclaimed, one of the finest high latitude lakes in Uttarakhand Himalayas. It is also a place of worship for Sikhs and Hindus. It’s an uphill trek to reach Hemkund. See the crystal clear lake with astonishing views of surrounding peaks, visit Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara and Lakshman Temple on the banks of the lake. Return to Ghangharia in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 05: Ghangharia to (trek) and Govindghat to Joshimath (Drive)
Post breakfast, we start our trek back from Ghagharia to Govindghat and then drive to Joshimath. Hot lunch on the trek route. Dinner and overnight stay in Joshimath.
Note: Time permitting, we will arrange for sightseeing in Joshimath and/or Auli this afternoon .
Day 06: Joshimath to Haridwar/Rishikesh
Post early breakfast, we start our drive from Joshimath to Rishikesh in air-conditioned shared private vehicle. Lunch will be on the way. Post dinner, drop at Haridwar/Rishikesh Railway station. Trip ends with fond memories. Note: Time permitting, we will arrange for city sightseeing in Haridwar/Rishikesh in the evening.
Ex-Dehradun/Haridwar: Adult: TBA
|Joshimath||Himalayan Abode Homestay or Similar||Deluxe|
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotel.
- Return Transfers by Non AC Vehicle. (Dehradun – Joshimath – Govindghat)
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- All trekking arrangements including wildlife fee, Guide and mules for transporting equipment and group luggage etc.
- Guide fees
- Entry fees of Valley of Flowers
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader
- 5% GST
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Haridwar.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees (Additional)
Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|Advance||On or before 15 days||On or before 07 days|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
10. Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Departure date: TBA