Vikatgad (Peb Fort)
Peb fort derives its name from the Goddess ‘Pebi’. It is also called Vikatgad because its pinnacle is supposedly in the shape of the Elephant headed god – Ganesh. The fort lies in the Matheran range itself and is adjacent to Matheran. It is an easy trek, with the slightly difficult parts being the small rock patch and a ladder.
There are caves to stay in which are well maintained by the disciples of Swami Samartha. Peb fort is very special because of its meditation chambers, which are well maintained with tiles to sit on. It has an entry via a narrow passage from which you have to climb down into the meditation chamber. The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or ‘Padukas’ worn by the great saint kept on the top. The view from the summit is also worth the entire climb.
Type: Trekking Sahyadris
No of days: 01
Meeting point: Neral – Matheran Ticket counter
0730Hrs: Report at Neral Station and transfer to Non Ac Vehicle for base village.
0800Hrs: Reach Base Village
0815Hrs: Breakfast at Base village
0845Hrs: Instructions and warm up for the trek and start trek.
1100Hrs: Reach peak (elevation of 2100ft). Explore the fort and photography.
1130Hrs: Start trek to Kadyavarche ganpati – Matheran
1300Hrs: Reach Kadyavarche Ganpati. Transfer to Cab and drive to Neral.
1330Hrs: Lunch in Neral
Post Lunch we disperse at Neral station.
Trip officially ends.
- Return Non AC Transport from Neral to base
- Meals as per itinerary
- Professional First Aid Kit
- Trained Mountaineer & Trek Leader
- Trip expertise
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any additional use of transport
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT PER ADULT|
|Advance||Balance on or before 4 days of departure|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 03 days||75%|
|Less than 03 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 12th November 2017