Rupin Pass is a high altitude pass across the Himalaya mountain range in state of Himachal Pradesh, India. It lies on a traditional shepherd and hiking route which starts from Dhaula in Uttarakhand and ends in Sangla in Himachal Pradesh. The path itself is located across mostly uninhabited areas in the Himalayan ranges at an elevation of 15,250 ft (4,650M) above sea level.
Rupin Pass trek consists of trails dug out of rock faces and wooden bridges, cut through deep dark folds in the mountain, glaciers and icy slopes, and over snow fields. Along the way there are white Rhododendrons and expanse of green meadows. Being a high altitude trek, of about 15250 feet, Rupin Pass is considered among one of the high range expeditions for trekking in India. Rupin Pass is a high altitude trek which starts from Dhaula in Uttarakhand and ends at Sangla. Majorly you will do trekking in Himachal as 80% of the trek route is there itself. The high altitude in not just sole reason for its popularity among trekkers, the diversified number of sceneries and sudden variation in trails also attracts many nature lovers.
Rupin Pass is an ideal trek for any adventure as it offers trek to every type of terrain, be it on snow, rocky terrain, along and through the water streams or meadows. You will start trekking your route from greener and hot landscapes and move towards and through the coldest of areas over the snow as you reach to the end.
Trail Joshimath – Garson – Khulara – Kuari Pass – Khulara – Tapovan – Joshimath Region Garhwal Himalayas, Uttaranchal
No of Days Ex – Dehradun /Shimla 07 Days
Maximum Altitudes 15250ft
Passes Vinayak pass, Tali top, Kuari pass
Access Trek Begins Dhaula
Trek Ends Rongti Gad
|Day 1||Dehradun – Dhaula||Lodge||D|
|Day 2||Dhaula – Sewa||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Sewa – Jakha||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Jakha – Dandreyash Thatch||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Dandreyash Thatch – Upper Waterfall||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Upper waterfall – Rupin Pass – Ronti Gad||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 7||Ronti Gad – Sangla – Shimla||B|
Day 01: Dehradun – Dhaula (220Kms/10Hrs/5500ft)
Arrive at Dehradun station and you will be picked up by our trek representative. Drive to Dhaula. Report at the meeting point and check in to the lodge for today’s rest stay. One can opt for a short walk around as acclimatization. (last ATM available at Purola)
Overnight stay at lodge
Day 02: Dhaula – Sewa (9Kms/5Hrs/6300ft)
Though your today’s trail is as long as 09kms, yet it will not be very tiring for you, as the whole trek is an easy walks on undulating paths till Sewa. Pass a cattle shelter after exiting the Dhaula village, the trail starts climbing for about 200mts. after 20 minutes it becomes easy again, a little further walk and your will have another different sight of Rupin flowing below into its bed. Another scenery of Rupin falling from a high cliff, awaits you after a turn, then again trekking on an ascending trail through the apple and apricot trees, you will reach a road just before Sewa. Camp outside Sewa village & overnight stay in tents
Day 03: Sewa – Jakha (11kms/8Hrs/8700ft)
Get ready for a pumped and adrenaline trek, stretch your arms and legs since it is going take you to Himachal from Uttarakhand. After passing through fields and forests, you will cross over the bridge which does not belong to either of the states and is referred to as “No man’s land”. Upon reaching Gosangu walk on the roads until Kwar and follow the trail to Jiksun. (Our team will guide you through the narrow trail as it lies on the cliff, another couple miles through a forest climb and you are in Jakha.
Day 04: Jakha – Dandreyash Thatch (11kms/8Hrs/11680ft)
The trek today trails through forests of Pine and Rhododendron. Also passes through fields and forests of fir on clearing the forest area the beauty changes to White from green. You enter the snow patch and a bridge followed by a narrow trail. Walk through Rocks, boulders and here you enter the fall colour forests of Rhododendron. Pass by Saruwas Thatch and get surprised by the following trail. The packet unfolds snow bridges, waterfalls, gorges, meadows to rock terrains. Cross few snow bridges and right under your feet is flowing Rupin, take a steady snow climb up and there you are in a valley – Dhanderas Thatch. Enjoy the stay here as we gulp in some soup and tap our feet with exciting games around by the team.
Day 05: Dandreyash Thatch – Upper Waterfall (4Kms/4Hrs/13120ft)
The altitude from Dhanderas to Upperwater fall camp is about 4000 mts., is enough to make you vulnerable to AMS. Trek crossing through many rivulets of Rupin, enter the first waterfall snow patch and a trail passing through the snow. Last snow-bridge to be crossed and which frames the view of Rupin falling and flowing below your feet. A sharp and short climb will lead you to the campsite.
Day 06: Upper waterfall – Rupin Pass – Ronti Gad (9Kms/10Hrs/15250-13420ft)
Longest walk of Rupin Pass that kicks off with a steep ascend making your way to thick sheet of snow. Make sure to put in all your efforts here, since this is altitude with strength and endurance. Although our team will guide each one to pass through the trail and help with some energy bars to revitalize and regain calories. Climb up to Rupin Pass being cautious with the loosing stones. Upon entering the pass, marks the start of Dhauladhar range. Slide down through the snow and you reach Rukti gad followed by a gentle walk and sharp descend. Camping here is the most exciting of all campsites. It is Cold but cosy and the most scenic and beautiful views that encompasses thousands of memories for years. Camp amidst the snow-capped mountains.
Day 07: Ronti Gad – Sangla – Shimla (12Kms/8Hrs/8800ft)
A mild and gentle descend to Rongti Gad valley with your eyes on Mt. Kinner Kailash. Take the trail to Sangla – Kanda passing through the Sangla kanda Lake. Descend to Baspa leading to Sangla and transfer to vehicle. Enjoy and relax in the vehicle as we drop you back to Shimla Bus stand/station.
Trip officially ends.
Ex-Dehradun/Shimla: Adult: ₹14,100/-* per head on triple sharing basis + 5% GST
Group Requisite: 10 pax
|Dhaula||Lodge or Similar||1||Standard|
- 06 night’s accommodation on triple/Quad sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 01 night in lodge/Guest house
- 05 nights in tent
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees/permits etc.
- Trekking equipment such as Crampons, Slings, carabiners, Oxygen cylinder
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- GST 5%
- Train fare/ Airfare
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.