|Itinerary at a glance|
|Day 1||Nairobi – Nakuru||L,D||Eastmark hotel/Sopa Lodges/Similar|
|Day 2||Nakuru – Masai Mara||B,L,D||Ol Moran tented camp/Sopa Lodges/Similar|
|Day 3||Masai Mara||B,L,D||Ol Moran tented camp/Sopa Lodges/Similar|
|Day 4||Masai Mara – Nairobi||B,L,D||Ol Moran tented camp/Sopa Lodges/Similar|
|Day 1: WELCOME TO KENYA AND LAKE NAKURU|
|A warm welcome awaits you upon arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Thereafter, you will depart for Lake Nakuru National Park where you arrive in time for lunch at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge. After a sumptuous lunch, you will depart for a game drive and visit the beautiful Park to see Lion, Rhino, the elusive Leopard, Zebra, Giraffe and of course lots of pink lesser flamingo. Lake Nakuru is famous for its huge flamingo populations due to the alkaline state of the lake. Dinner and Overnight at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge|
|Accommodation Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge/ Similar
Facilities Chalet style rooms with panoramic view of Lake Nakuru
Driving Time + 4 Hrs from Nairobi
Meals Lunch and Dinner
Optional Activities Balloon Safaris nearby, Nature Walks, Hikes
|Day 2: LAKE NAKURU TO MASAI MARA|
|After a hearty breakfast, you will depart for the Masai Mara National Reserve. The enormous reserve is actually part of the vast Serengeti plains famously known for its spectacular great wildebeest migrations and its home for the big five Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo and Rhino. Arrive in time for lunch at Sarova Mara Game Camp. After a lovely lunch now we will depart for an afternoon game drive to see the game of savannah. Dinner and overnight at Sarova Mara Game Camp.|
|Accommodation Sarova Mara Game Camp/ similar
Facilities All rooms have views of the Mara Plains
Driving Time + 5 Hrs from The Great Rift Valley
Meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Optional Activities Bush Dinners, Balloon safaris, Masai Village visits
|Day 3 & 4: MASAI MARA|
|A relaxed rise followed by a hearty breakfast and thereafter a full day game drive with picnic lunch to see the varied game of the Masai Mara. This region is the Kenya’s most popular game sanctuary where you will have the best opportunity of spotting the Big Five (lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant). Optional visit to a local Masai village. Dinner and Overnight at Sarova Mara Game Camp.|
|Day 5: MASAI MARA TO NAIROBI|
|After a hearty breakfast you will depart for Nairobi. Get transfer to the airport and depart the onward journey flight. Tour officially ends here.|
|Driving time +5 Hrs from Masai Mara
|EX – MUMBAI
(With Flights + Visa + Insurance)
|US$ 2200 p.p|
|YOUR SAFARI EXPERIENCE INCLUDES|
|1. International Roundtrip Economy class Airfare
2. Visa Fees
3. Travel Insurance
4. Arrival meet and assist and all airport transfers
5. Accommodation on FB Basis throughout your safari and BB basis in Nairobi
6. Transportation in a Safari vehicle with pop up roof ideal for game viewing with a window seat for every person
7. Services of an English speaking Safari Driver guide
8. All the Activities as listed in the itinerary
9. All Park Entrance Fees
10. All Conservation Fees
11. Wildlife Naturalist from The Tern Travellers
12. Complimentary bottled water and snack hamper in all our vehicles
13. Comprehensive tour documents and Wildlife Checklist.
|YOUR SAFARI EXPERIENCE EXCLUDES|
|1. Any items of personal nature such as drinks, tips, mineral water, laundry, telephones, extra meals etc.
2. Personal Travel or Trip cancellation insurance
3. Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
4. Any airfare until CoC
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At booking||30 days prior|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|60 – 45 days||25%|
|45 – 30 days||50%|
|30 – 21 days||75%|
|Less than 21 days or No show||100%|
|FOOTNOTES WHICH YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY|
|1. Please note that complimentary drinking water is not serviced during meals in Kenya. This has to be purchased from the bar
2. The hotels offer two bottles of drinking water in the rooms on complimentary basis
3. This Safari is conducted in a Landcruiser with 7 window seats maximum.
4. Our vehicles are not air conditioned as they have open tops. Please explain this to your clients
5. Please note that Indian citizens require a Yellow Fever Vaccination and Polio Booster Drops which must be certified in your Vaccination card.
|WHAT TO PACK AND BRING WITH YOU|
|Clothing and Footwear
1. Cool Cotton Clothes for the day
2. A Hooded Fleece
3. Cap or Hat
4. Long trousers for the evening
5. Comfortable shoes or boots for walking and a pair of flip flops
6. Swimming suits
7. Jacket or wind cheater for early morning and evenings
8. Please pack soft bags.
9. Please note that internal flights only allow 15 kgs of maximum baggage. Extra weight will have to be paid for directly by yourself
1. Your medical needs and prescription
2. Valid Passports and visas
3. Moisturiser and Sun glasses
4. Cameras and Batteries
5. Binoculars are a must for good viewing
6. Your personal smart phones or ipads as wifi is available at most lodges and hotels almost free
7. Credit cards for check in
8. Books to read on Safari
9. Your insurance cards and numbers
10. Insect repellent if you wish
|Please note that due to dusty conditions on Safari, the vehicles are not air-conditioned. The vehicles are fitted with extra shock absorbers due to road and off road conditions. They also have mobile phone and camera charging adapters, bean bags, cool boxes and a Safari Library.|
Departure date: 14th April 2020
Total seats: 6
All Kenya E-Visa types attract a service charge and a card handling fee, although the amounts differ depending on the type of visa. The transit visa attracts a lesser charge compared to the tourist and business visas.
The basic requirements for the single entry Kenya Visa include:
- a valid travel document,
- at least one blank page on the passport
- a return ticket.
The transit Visa requires you to have an onward ticket while applying. Applicants are also required to attach various documents depending on the type of travel.
Business travelers must attach an invitation letter from hosting company together with copies of registration of the company.
Tourists must attach a travel itinerary and hotel bookings. All applicants must also attach a clear passport photo that follows set guidelines and a clear passport biodata page.