Tadoba Andhari tiger reserve
Tadoba Andhari tiger reserve:
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is a tiger reserve in Chandrapur district of Maharashtra state in central India. It is notable as Maharashtra’s oldest and largest national park. It is one of India’s 43 “Project Tiger” – tiger reserves.
Tadoba Andhari Reserve is the largest national park in Maharashtra. Total area of the reserve is 625.4 square kilometres (241.5sq mi). This includes Tadoba National Park, created in 1955 with an area of 116.55 square kilometres (45.00sq mi) and Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary created in 1986 with an area of 508.85 square kilometres (196.47sq mi). The reserve also includes 32.51 square kilometres (12.55sq mi) of protected forest and 14.93 square kilometres (5.76sq mi) of other areas.
Densely forested hills form the northern and western boundary of the tiger reserve. The elevation of the hills ranges from 200 m (660ft) to350 m (1,150ft).
Aside from the keystone species, the Bengal tiger, Tadoba Tiger Reserve is home to other mammals, including: Indian leopards, sloth bears, gaur, nilgai, dhole, striped hyena, small Indian civet, jungle cats, sambar, spotted deer, barking deer, chital, chausingha and honey badger. Tadoba Lake sustains the marsh crocodile, which were once common all over Maharashtra.
The lake is an ornithologist’s paradise with a wide diversity of water birds, and raptors. 195 species of birds have been recorded, including three endangered species. The grey-headed fish eagle, the crested serpent eagle, and the changeable hawk-eagle are some of the raptors.
Other interesting species include the orange-headed thrush, Indian pitta, crested tree swift, stone curlew, crested honey buzzard, paradise flycatcher, bronze-winged jacana and lesser golden-backed woodpecker. Warblers and the black-naped blue flycatcher exist here and the call of the peacock may often be heard.
No of Days Ex – Nagpur 04 Days
Grade Jungle Safari Easy
Type Wildlife Safari
|Day 1||Nagpur – Tadoba – Evening Safari||Resort||L,D|
|Day 2 & 3||Tadoba Tiger Reserve Safari (Morning and Evening)||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Tadoba Tiger Reserve Safari (Morning) – Nagpur||B|
Day 1: Nagpur – Tadoba
After reaching Nagpur station, meet our representative and transfer to vehicle for drive to Tadoba (3hr road journey with one halt). Reach by afternoon 12pm & check in to the resort. Lunch will be served and get ready for your first jungle safari in the Bamboo forest of Tadoba. The greenery & lush rich biodiversity of the forest will make you feel rejoiced. If you are sharing jeep with our wildlife expert you probably might end up having a good jungle talk and knowledgeable safari. Keep your Binocs, camera & eyes wide open to look out for birds, mammals, etc. around. Return for evening tea with a sit out discussing days sighting and QNA session.
Day 2 & 3: Morning & Evening Safari
With an early wake up call, have a quick tea cup and head out for safari number 2, this time from a different safari track and zone. The forest has different gifts in different corners. We look out for the big cat and also enjoy birding which is an active part in the morning time. There are high chances of sighting big cats early morning as their walking activity is high for hunting & territory marking. Return for breakfast and relax until Lunch. Post lunch enjoy the 3rd safari (we have 3 beautiful chances to spot the big cats and the other elusive animals of the forest – Be patient & vigilant). Return in the evening for tea and discussing sighting. List out number of birds you spotted while in all 3 safaris, don’t miss the colourful feathers. Dinner and day off
Day 4: Tadoba – Nagpur
After breakfast check out and drive to Nagpur. Drop at Railway station/Airport. Collect your train tickets from the Tour leader and board train back to Mumbai.
Price below is per Indian adult
|Ex Nagpur||₹31,500/- per head||–|
|Tadoba||Tadoba Tiger King Resort||3* Premium|
- 3 night’s accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle.
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Hygiene kit (Sanitizer, Mask, Gloves)
- Safari Kit (Cap, T-Shirt)
- Binoculars (for tour use only)
- 5 Jungle Safaris
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Safari gypsy (4pax per gypsy)
- Professional Wildlife Naturalist host of the experience
All hotel rooms, Transfer vehicle & Safari gypsy are well sanitised before & after every travel. The Driver & hotel staff are periodically checked on health index.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fares
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|21 days before Departure||75%|
|14 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 21 days||50%|
|21 to 07 days||80%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for safaris (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for safaris
- Wildlife safaris are a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our safaris are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Winters/Summers Departure dates: 05 Nov | 17 Feb | 04 Jun
Total seats: 7 each batch
Monsoons Departure dates: Yet to announce
Total seats: 03 each Batch