About the Tour:
Meghalaya is a state in northeast India. The name means “the abode of clouds” in Sanskrit. It is the wettest region of India, recording an average of 12,000 mm (470 in) of rain a year. About 70% of the state is forested. The Meghalaya subtropical forests ecoregion encompasses the state; its mountain forests are distinct from the lowland tropical forests to the north and south. The forests are notable for their biodiversity of mammals, birds, and plants.
The Caves of Meghalaya comprise a large number of caves in the Jaintia, Khasi Hills and Garo Hills districts in the Indian state of Meghalaya, and are amongst the longest caves in the world. Of the ten longest and deepest caves in India, the first nine are in Meghalaya, while the tenth is in Mizoram. The longest is Krem Liat Prah in the Jaintia Hills, which is 30,957 m (101,600ft). The word “Krem” means cave in the local Khasi language.
The caves, because they are located in primarily in limestone formations, continue to come under threat from the limestone mining industry.
The tour will focus on importance of Cave Ecology, Culture, Biodiversity and adventures that can be done in Meghalaya.
Region Brahmaputra – Khasi Hills, Manali
No of Days Ex – Guwahati 05 Days
|Day 1||Guwahati – Mawlyngbna||D||Camps|
|Day 2||Mawlyngbna – Cherrapunjee||B,D||Camps|
|Day 3||Cherrapunjee – Nongriat||B,D||Camps|
|Day 4||Nongriat – Dawki – Mawlynnong||B,D||Homestay|
|Day 5||Mawlynnong – Shillong – Guwahati||B|
Day 1: River Canoeing and Kayaking in Mawlyngbna, Camping in Mawlyngbna
We will receive you from the Guwahati Airport at 12 noon and will immediately leave for Mawlyngbna. The journey will take 4hrs and it passes through Mawsynram, which is the wettest place on earth. In Mawlyngbna you will experience River Canoeing and Kayaking in the Umkhakoi reservoir. Activities will be done in the next morning. We will Camp in the Traveller’s Nest, Mawlyngbna.
Day 2: Cherrapunjee Sightseeing, Caving n Maumluh, Camping in Cherrapunjee
Next morning, after the activities we will go to Cherrapunjee. We spend the day in Cherrapunjee experiencing various caves and waterfalls in and around the town. The prime activity for the day will be caving in the Maumluh cave. We will camp in Cherrapunjee in our camping location which is located near the Daintlem Falls.
Day 3: Double Decker Root Bridge Trek, Camping in Nongriat
After breakfast we will visit a few more places in Cherrapunjee and then leave for Tryna Village which is the starting point to the Nongriat Village trek (Double Decker Root Bridge Trek). The trek is about 2hrs. We will have our lunch in the Nongriat Village. After lunch we will visit the famous double Decker root bridge. We will camp in the village for the night.
Day 4: Sightseeing in Dawki and Homestay in Mawlynnong
After Breakfast, we will trek back to Tryna Village from where we will leave for Dawki, which is bordering town in the Indo-Bangla Border. In Dawki we will have a boat ride in Umngot River. The river is famous for its crystal clear waters. After lunch we will go to Mawlynnong village, which is considered as one of the cleanest village in the world. Our stay will be in a homestay in the village.
Day 5: Shillong Sightseeing
After breakfast we drive back to Guwahati. On our way back to Guwahati, we stop in Shillong for some sightseeing in and around the city.
Tour officially ends here.
Ex-Guwahati: Adult: Rs.16500/- per head on twin sharing basis
Group Requisite: 10 pax
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC vehicles
- Double decker living root bridge trek
- River Canoeing in Mawlyngbna
- Kayaking in Umkhakoi reservoir
- Camping in Mawlyngbna, Cherrapunjee, Nongriat
- Boating in Dawki
- Homestay in Mawlynnong
- Meals as per the itinerary.
- Entry fee to all location
- Caving equipment (Boots, headlamp, life jacket)
- Camping equipment (Tent, Sleeping bag, liner)
- Trek guide, cook, porter, etc.
- Day sightseeing in Shillong & Cherrapunjee
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader of The Tern Travellers
- GST (5%)
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fares.
Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At booking||15 days prior|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
10. Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.