About the tour:
Kalimpong: Kalimpong is a subdivision of Darjeeling district and under West Bengal state. Kalimpong town itself is small, located about 2.5hours drive from both Darjeeling and Siliguri. But the town and its surrounding areas offer immense opportunities for tourism.
Kalim in local dialect means King’s Minister and Pong means Stronghold. So the name Kalimpong actually means Stronghold of King’s Minister and has originated from the time of king’s dynasty in the region. Some say that the name has been derived from the word Kalibong (locals call it Kaulim). It’s a type of fibre plant used for making paper. This plant is found in abundance in Kalimpong and hence the name.
Gangtok: The capital of the state of Sikkim, Gangtok is an attractive tourist destination, reflecting a unique ambience which derives from its happy blend of tradition and modernity. Alongside the deeply felt presence of stupas and monasteries, Gangtok also bustles like any other thriving town. Some of the key places to visit include Rumtek Monastery, Do-Drul Chorten, Enchey Monastery, Tashi View Point and the local bazaar, Lal Bazaar. Gangtok is located at an altitude of 5,410 ft in East-Sikkim. Distance from NJP (the nearest major railway station) is 126kms, from Bagdogra airport 124kms, from Siliguri 114kms and from Darjeeling 98kms.
Lachung: Lachung is a town and hill station in northeast Sikkim, India. It is located in the North Sikkim district near the border with Tibet. Lachung is at an elevation of about 9,600 feet (2,900 m) and at the confluence of the lachen and Lachung Rivers, both tributaries of the River Teesta. The word Lachung means “small pass”. The town is approximately 125 kilometres (78 mi) from the capital Gangtok.
Pelling: Pelling is a town in the district of West Sikkim, India. Pelling is nestled at an altitude of 2,150 m (7,200 feet). The town is located at a distance of 10 km from the district headquarters of Geyzing. A regular bus service connects the two towns. However with the influx of tourists, the region is undergoing a metamorphosis, with the roads being repaired and hotels being set up.
The Himalayas and the Kanchenjunga may be viewed at close quarters from Pelling. Pelling also forms the base from where trekkers and other peripatetic adventurers undertake the strenuous and arduous treks in West Sikkim. The land around Pelling is still a virgin territory and is bathed with alpine vegetation, with numerous waterfalls lining the hillside. In the months of winter, Pelling is sometimes covered with a blanket of snow.
Darjeeling: Located in the Lesser Himalaya at an elevation of 6,700 ft (2,042.2 m). It is noted for its tea industry, the spectacular views of Kangchenjunga, the world’s third-highest mountain, and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Darjeeling is the headquarters of Darjeeling district which has a partially autonomous status within the state of West Bengal.
Trail Bagdogra – Kalimpong – Gangtok – Tsomgo – Lachung – Yumthang Valley – Pelling – Darjeeling – Bagdogra
Region WB & Sikkim, Eastern Himalayas
No of Days Ex – NJP/Bagdogra 11 Days
Type Jeep Safari/Leisure
Maximum Altitudes Tsomgo Lake (3753 Metres/ 12313 ft)
Day 1: IXB / NJP to Kalimpong (75 km in 2 hrs)
On arrival at Bagdogra airport, meet with our leader. Transfer to vehicle and start your journey to Kalimpong. On your way to Kalimpong, witness some beautiful landscapes of Tea plantations and crossing Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary. One can see some real exotic and beautiful birds of Himalayas of the eastern region. Soon reach hotel and check in. Relax for the day as you have travelled a long way. Dinner will be served at the hotel.
Day 2: Half Day Kalimpong City Tour – Gangtok
After Breakfast enjoy Kalimpong city tour. Visit:
- Durpin Dara View Point
- Army Golf Course
- Graham’s Home
- Deolo View Point
- Pine View orchid nursery.
Kalimpong to Gangtok, 50kms in 2 hrs – Check out from Kalimpong and depart for Gangtok(Alt 7100Ft/ 2100M). The misty mountains of Sikkim welcomes you to the capital city of the state. All you see around is tree plantations and sky kissing mountains. Clouds are at your eye level and moving as fast as you are. Suddenly the view disappears into smoke of city and you see urbanization, but wait that’s not the Mumbai urbanization instead is a Hill city which is still beautiful with those small and tiny log huts and 3 storey buildings. Arrive at the hotel and check In. Relax for the day and explore the city. Suggested, to rest more today as its going to be hectic.
Enjoy Meals in the evening.
Day 3: Gangtok to Tsomgo Lake with Baba Mandir Excursion (52kms /3hrs)
Wake up to the call of birds and experience the foggy morning from the window pane of your room as you get fresh and have heavy breakfast by 7.30am. We shall than drive to Tsomgo Lake (Alt 12000ft/3600M), a high altitude alpine lake close to Indo-China Border. The 1 km long and 15m deep lake is considered sacred to the local people. The pure clear water remains frozen during winter. Enjoy playing in snow and Yak Ride. Proceed further to Legendary Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir (“Hero of Nathula” An Indian soldiers who was awarded the Maha Vir Chakra medal for his bravery and known for doing his duty still after death). Return back to Hotel for Lunch.
Optional tour to Nathula Pass: (Alt 14000Ft / 4200M) on China Border can also be arranged (Except Mon, Tue) for Indian Nationals only with 30 Days Advance Request at an additional cost.
Take some rest. Or you may visit the famous M G Marg. It is now more like a long stretch of open mall or avenue square where locals and tourists take leisure stroll or just sit and relax on one of the many benches laid along the middle and both sides of the road to enjoy the ambience. The entire area is free of litter, smoke and vehicle. With a lot of efforts and hard work of the day, head back to hotel and relax. Enjoy the dinner.
Day 4: Gangtok to Lachung, 130kms in 7hrs
Today morning drive to Lachung in North Sikkim (Alt 9175Ft / 2750M). On the way visit Singhik, Seven Sister Water Falls, Chungthang Confluence. Check in at local hotel. You can explore the small town on foot with our leader.
Lachung has been described as the “most picturesque village of Sikkim” and also well known for snow-capped mountain peaks, breath-taking waterfalls, sparkling streams and apple orchards. Weather is very pleasant even in peak summer. Whole valley is covered with full bloom of rhododendron.
Day 5: Lachung to Yumthang Valley Excursion (25kms/1.5hrs)
Yumthang is popularly known as ‘Valley of Flowers. It is also home to the Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary, and has over 24 species of the Rhododendron, the state flower. A vast flat green landscape in the lap of “The great Himalayas” covered with tree and a glacier flowing through it is enough to make you speechless. You can see snow here in every season. You will feel like to be in Heaven.
Early morning we drive to Yumthang Valley (Alt 11925Ft / 3575M), an Alpine flower valley in North Sikkim. Enjoy the scenic landscape and Hot springs.
Optional Excursion to Yumesamdong or Zero Point. A further drive of 24 km/01hr and another beautiful scenic vista. A place which will be in your head forever. Journey may tire you but the beauty of “The Great Himalaya” reenergizes you for a lifetime memories. Return to hotel for lunch.
Lachung to Gangtok, 125kms in 6hrs
After lunch, Check out from Lachung hotel and drive back to Gangtok (Alt 5550Ft / 1675M) via Chungthang. Check in at hotel by evening.
Day 6: Full day Gangtok city tour
Get ready today for a full day packed tour of the Capital city. Soon after breakfast hop in to the Vehicle and set off for the day. You shall visit some of the top tourist points of Gangtok which includes:
- Tashi view point
- Ganesh Tok
- Banjakhri Falls
- Cottage Industry
- Do-drul Chorten
- Institute of Tibetology
- Flower show
- Bakthang waterfall
Return to hotel in the evening and enjoy your meal. Evening is free for leisure and shopping.
Day 7: Gangtok – Pelling Optional via Namchi
Gangtok to Pelling, 130kms in 4.30hrs – Check out from Hotel and depart for Pelling (Alt 7175Ft / 2150M).
Optional (At an extra cost) via Namchi
In Namchi, The 135 feet high statue of Guru Padamasambhava is present at Samdruptse. Temi Tea Estate: The sole tea estate in Sikkim, it produces top quality teas for the international market. The Chardham covers about 7 acres of land. It consists of a huge idol of Lord Shiva which is about 87ft tall. Upon reaching check in to the hotel and relax for the day.
Day 8: Full Day Pelling City Tour
Pelling is famous for its breathtaking view of the snow-capped mountains of Kanchenjunga and its ranges. It has a rich history, nature environment and local culture. Weather & scenic beauty both combined make it a Good Naturothereopist. Its pollution free environment makes you feel stress free and energetic.
Our local tour in Pelling starts with visiting 8 popular tourist points:–
- Darap Village and Valley
- Rimbi Waterfalls
- Rock Garden
- Kanchendzonga Water Falls and Khecheopalri Holy Lake.
That will be all for the first half of the city. Find a nice supper spot for a local meal in the town and enjoy the delicacy. Post lunch we will be visiting:
- Pemayangtse Monastery
- Helipad View Point
- Rabdentse Palace Ruins and Bird Sanctuary
Return back to hotel in Pelling and rest for the evening.
Day 9: Pelling to Darjeeling (80 km in 3 hrs)
Post breakfast, we shall drive to Darjeeling. Evening is free for leisure or to roam the local area, see their culture, activities, diversity & trend and also feel the difference between city life and hill life. Since we have to wake up very early tomorrow, we strongly recommend you to get off to bed at the earliest (by 08:00pm). Overnight in Darjeeling.
Day 10: Full day Darjeeling City tour
Early morning 4.00am, your tour starts with visiting Tiger hill sunrise point. 11 km far from city, you will watch the combined beauty of different colours, clouds, hills, Mt. Kanchendzonga and vast landscape of Darjeeling. You can’t forget these moments ever. On your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. (Timing 4.00am to 7.30am)
After breakfast visit most famous tourist points including Darjeeling Zoo, Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Happy Valley Tea Estate, Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock, Tibetan Refugee center (Closed on Sunday) Lebong Race Course outer view and Japanese temple & Peace pagoda. (Timing 9.30 to 2.30).
Evening is free for leisure or to roam the local area.
Day 11: Darjeeling to IXB/NJP 90kms in 3hrs
Your heart will never allow you to leave this place but your destination awaits you. Today you will depart from Darjeeling with a smile on your face remembering all the sweet moments spend here and drive back to NJP Railway Station/Bagdogra Airport for further journey. Your tour with The Tern Travellers ends. Fly back with sweet memories of Northeast.
|Location||Hotel Names||No. of Nights|
|Kalimpong||Mountain View/Hotel Tres/Similar||01|
|Gangtok||Hotel Deorali/White Conch Residency/Similar||04|
|Lachung||The Fortuna/Tenzing Retreat/Similar||01|
|Pelling||Hotel Valley View/Hotel Perling/Similar||02|
|Darjeeling||Hotel Broadway/Marvel International/Similar||02|
***Note: Above mentioned hotels are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per above Itinerary by Non-AC vehicles.
- Daily Buffet breakfast & dinner is included in the package.(Except in Lachung which includes all meals)
- Airport/Station transfers at Bagdogra/NJP Railway station by Non-AC Vehicles.
- Additional tours of: Nathula Pass, Zero point/Yumesamdong, Namchi and Shingshore-bridge.
- Toy train ticket of Darjeeling City. ( A small ride in the hills of Darjeeling)
- Leader charges
- The Tern Travellers Expertise
- All tolls, permits, parking and taxes (wherever applicable)
- Leader and charges
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Daily lunch (Except Lachung as per itinerary)
- Entry ticket fees to Museums, Parks, etc.
- Ropeway, Boating, Yak ride, Rafting, Helicopter ride.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees, guide charges.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
Important Facts for North Sikkim:
- Tourist visiting North Sikkim should note that Lachung and Lachen are located in the remote high altitude areas and are new tourist destinations. Tourism infrastructures are still developing and the people are not trained professional but are friendly and hospitable. Facilities available here are basic and should not be compared with the modern hotels and resorts in the towns and cities. The rooms are clean and have attached bath with running water. Food available here are basic but sufficient, well cooked & hygienic. Electricity and telephone connection are available but with limitations and very few hotels have any Television set. Room heaters are not used due to poor electricity and hot water bags are provided instead. Room service is not available and food is provided at the dining room.
- The long mountainous journey is very scenic but is not very smooth & comfortable. In some patches the road is bumpy and there is continuous water flow over the road. However, this is jeepable and safe.
- People suffering from chronic heart disease, breathing problem, high blood pressure should avoid visiting Gurudongmar Lake (5500M), Yumesamdong (4500M).
- Despite of all these we still suggest you to visit this region to experience the beauty of the Himalayan landscape and its contents – which is unmatched and unparallel. The issues like the accommodation, food and transport remain unnoticed once you are in the lap of the pristine nature. In-fact a visit to these places gives you a rare opportunity to closely feel and understand the beckoning and mythical Himalayas along with the tradition and culture of its people.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|30 days prior to departure||75%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 120 days||25%|
|120 to 90 days||35%|
|90 to 60 days||50%|
|60 to 30 days||60%|
|30 to 15 days||80%|
|Less than 15 days||100%|
Documents Required (For Non-Indians and NRIs)
Participants are advised to carry the following documents for their own safety and convenience or for any permits to be taken during the activities.
- Compulsory for Foreigners, Non-Resident Indians
- Desirable for Indians
- Three latest photographs
- For Indians who do not have a passport:
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
- Driving license
- Pan Card (Has to be qualified with a proof of address as Pan Card is not a proof of Address)
- Election ID Card
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
You will be required to carry the original of the document that you forward to make various permits (if any).
Keep copies of valid Passport and Visa (if any) handy.
Also carry additional copies of all the above for any other permits required.
You need not hand the document but maintain them yourself and produce them yourself if and when asked for. Please carry these documents on the trek as well as you may be asked for it at the various check posts.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if the The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour (Xylo/Innova/Scorpio) will accommodate 6 people in 1 car. Tour manager have rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided. Heater facility is not provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- The Tern Travellers hold the rights to amend the price of the tour due to force reasons such as increase in market rate, transportation cost rise due to fuel price hike, etc. without prior notice.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 22nd November 2017