SILENT VALLEY NATIONAL PARK:
The Silent Valley National Park is a unique preserve of natural rainforests. Within an area of 237.52Sq.kms, it houses a rich Silent Valley National Park of varied habitats. Out of these springs the amazing variety of life forms some of them endemic to the Western Ghats. The Valley exudes a quite grandeur, a mystery half revealed and half concealed that is part of a story older than mankind, for this rainforest probably dates back to 50 million years. Silently she beckons us to witness the marvellous exuberance of life that expresses itself in an incredible chaos of plants and animals and birds and insects. At the heart of her many songs is a still, deep silence which only those who tread softly and wait patiently may learn to hear. The Silent Valley National Park is a unique preserve of natural rainforests. The Valley exudes a quite grandeur, a mystery half revealed and half concealed that is part of a story older than mankind.
Perhaps it was all worth it. Some human being walking through it sometimes, passing an inner revolution, shall ask the question: “Oh Mother, am I thy flesh and blood, feel and fever; shall I be thine and would you be mine?” That Silent question will be responded to in Silence; in the Silence by the reverential bowing of human will and the trailing branches of trees in Silent Valley. The Silent Valley National Park is a unique preserve of natural rainforests.
Common Palm Civet or Toddy cat, Indian Elephant, Leopard, Malabar Giant Squirrel, Sambar, Tiger are the mammals found here.
Asian Open bill, Black Baza, Black Bittern, Black Stork, Spot bellied Eagle Owl, White-necked Stork, Woolly necked stork are the few species of birds found in Silent Valley National park.
Highlighting species of Silent Valley are Lion tailed Macaque, Ceylon frogmouth and southern birdwing. There is many other species home to Silent valley.
Protection of the Earth’s forests and the wildlife they contain is the link that has drawn us together, working around the globe for their preservation—from the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific to the Rocky Mountains of North America, from the Himalayas in northern India to the Western Ghats in the south—to help restore balance among all species of Nature including humankind.
Day 1: Coimbatore – Silent valley national park (85Kms/2Hrs) – Evening Safari
On your arrival meet our trip leader at Coimbatore Station/Airport, welcome all nature enthusiast and travellers. The drive from Coimbatore is of about 2Hrs hence our meeting time at Coimbatore Airport is 0900Hrs and Station is 0930Hrs and we drive from Coimbatore to the sanctuary. We halt en-route for breakfast, which will be borne by participants. However, participants are expected to complete their breakfast and report. As we drive to Tea Estates, Nilgiri Hills, and western Plains the wait of being into a silent forest is breaking. And soon we reach SILENT VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, where we are not only welcomed in traditional style by the hospitality group but also the warm and welcoming birds, trees and the vivid beauty of nature. Rooms will be given and you can freshen up and relax after a long drive that we had. Meet for lunch with your cameras and binoculars and soon after you finish lunch we head for our first safari in the Silent Rain forest. Evening some hot tea – straight from the tea gardens would be served with some Kerala munchies. An evening stroll around the cottages, perhaps a shorter one as time doesn’t permit. Relaxing around the fire chimneys in your cottage, playing a mouth organ and watching the night come to life in the forest is an experience within itself. Dinner will be served and we call this day off early for an early rise next day.
Day 2: Morning & Evening Jeep Safari
Wake up to the calls of your alarm as you have to catch the first sight of birds with the first rays of light. Early morning tea will refresh you and we head out in the forest in gypsy. Photographing the birds and sighting some rare species will add to exotic flavours of forest safaris. Return back to resort for breakfast and relaxation. One can walk around for some birding. Freshly cooked aromatic food will be served in lunch. Post lunch we head for another safari in the woods until evening and return with some real experiences of a rainforest. Evening tea and snacks will be provided and a wildlife documentary shall be shown on a big screen. Post dinner we sit out and look at the stars listening to stories of such a rich bio-diversity. We call it a day.
Day 3: Trekking & Bird Watching – Silent valley national park – Coimbatore (80Kms/2Hrs) Wake up by 0630Hrs and get your bags packed. Freshen up and meet in the dining hall for early breakfast. As we walk out the property for some first ray birding and trekking in the Nilgiris. Spotting some exotic and threatened species adds to the list of fauna. We wave goodbye to the forest, its owner and care takers after we check out. Remember the drive is 2Hrs to Coimbatore (Do stock up water that will suffix you). We shall reach Coimbatore by 1300Hrs. (Note: Please book flights or trains post 1600Hrs for some buffer time in hand of any emergency scenarios) Drop at Coimbatore Airport/Station and wave goodbye to all your fellow travel mates, leader and nature enthusiasts. We hope to see you again on some other fascinating yet exciting trip in some part of the world.
Trip officially ends here.
|Silent valley national park||Tree Top Resort or Similar||3*|
- 2 night’s accommodation on triple or multiple sharing in above mentioned as per availability.
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle from Coimbatore.
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Birdwatching, trekking.
- Wildlife documentaries.
- Leader charges
- Trip leader and a naturalist from The Tern Travellers
- Trip expertise and service charges
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/ Rail fares.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25% (Non Refundable advance)|
|15 days before Departure||75%|
|7 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 15 days||50%|
|15 to 03 days||80%|
|Less than 03 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 08th December 2017