About the tour:
“The clearest way to the universe is through the forest. In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks” – John Muir
Don’t let the above quote disenchant you from the fabulous city of Mumbai. These words of John Muir are as much applicable to Mumbai as they might be to any other pristine landscapes in the countries hinterland. For here, in this city, in our backyard lies one of the most astounding biological treasures. Mumbaikars’ are indeed blessed to be living in a bustling metropolis and yet have pristine wilderness in their backyard as well.
The forest as we know it is probably one of the most dynamic systems of the planet and rest assured no two moments are going to be similar here. But, the forest has its own way of revealing itself and all it demands is that you have to be quite and patient for the myriad dramas of life going around you to unfold.
The quiet and peaceful trail initiates along the plains just before the Kanheri foothills and winds along gently to make a good long hike. An erstwhile tribal settlement resettled itself from here and allowed the wilderness to reclaim its stake again. And nature has now completely reclaimed this territory. As you move along the trail one can see the gradual gradation in the forest vegetation: from a scrub like forest at the beginning to good, tall evergreen vegetation ahead. This trail is one of the most pleasurable walks as it criss-crosses a small but a rapid forest stream at many points and wading across this knee-deep, crystal clear water is nothing less than therapeutic for a city-sick soul. This stream also offers amazing opportunities to encounter myriad life forms and some really quite and essential solitude. If you do have time on your hand, then avail the trail that takes you to the farthest distance possible along this trail. Your legs might complain a bit, but your mind and soul will be pleasured and relaxed to the maximum!
Type: Nature Trail
No of days: 01
Trail time: 2 – 3Hrs
Main Entrance of Sanjay Gandhi national park Borivali
0630Hrs: Reporting at the reporting point
0645Hrs: Head towards Shilonda trail
0730Hrs: Reach entrance of Shilonda trail
0745Hrs: Nature trail at Shilonda
1100Hrs: Return to entrance point
1230Hrs: Drop at Main gate
Trip officially ends.
- Entry fees for park and Shilonda Trail
- First Aid Kit
- Guide fees
- Trip expertise
- Naturalist from The Tern Travellers team
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|Advance (Non Refundable)||Balance on or before 3 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||50%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 24th December 2017