The terrain of the national park is extremely rugged and consists of sandstone peaks, narrow gorges, ravines and dense forests. The altitude ranges from 300 to 1,352 metres (984 to 4,436ft). It has Dhoopgarh peak as high as 1,350 metres (4,430ft) and the almost level plains of Churna.
Satpura Tiger Reserve, an amalgamation of Panchmari, Bori, and Madai Sanctuaries, is a unique and highly diverse biosphere reserve which is believed to be one of India’s best kept secrets. This thick, dry-deciduous forest is characterized by hilly backdrops, gorgeous water bodies and a rather stunning blend of dramatic landscapes. Its ageless teak trees, pockets of bamboo, deep gorges and ravines are all the makings of a terrain where the tiger still reigns supreme. Apart from tigers this expanse of dry deciduous forest covering an area over 1,500 square kilometres and is home to a number of species of animals. Leopards, Wild Dogs, Sloth Bear, Indian Gaur, Sambhar, Wild Boar, Cheetal and langoor are amongst the widely viewed animals here. The forest’s true wilderness and limited exposure to human pressure have enabled it to host some rare Indian fauna including the Hyena, the Flying Squirrel and the porcupine. This extraordinary bio-system, which was once an exclusive game reserve for British Officers, is an extremely rare example of true contemporary wilderness.
Satpura Tiger Reserve is also a birdwatcher’s paradise. The Denwa River, which flows into the tawa dam from the Northern periphery of the park, provides excellent feeding tanks for migratory birds. Abundant water holes and bird attracting trees within the park are home to numerous resident bird species. Due to the park’s unexplored nature, enthusiasts are likely to spot rare bird species, some which were previously not known to have existed in the area.
Apart from the rich blend of animals and birds, the Satpura Tiger Reserve has to offer some stunning topography. Deep gorges and ravines, beautiful nallahs, steep rocky hillocks and the rugged Satpura Range of Hills (which rarely cease to fill the background view), keep the most widely travelled patrons mesmerised at all times. Large parts of the Satpura Tiger Reserve are still unexplored and we invite you to come and join the path of discovery.
|Day 1||Bhopal – Satpura (Evening Safari)||L,D||Resort|
|Day 2||Satpura leopard Safaris||B,L,D||Resort|
|Day 3||Satpura – Bhopal||B|
Day 1: Bhopal – Satpura (130Kms/4 Hrs)
Arrive at Bhopal and meet our trip leader at Bhopal Station, welcome all nature enthusiast and travellers. The drive from Bhopal is of about 4Hrs hence our meeting time at Bhopal station is 0830Hrs and we drive from Bhopal to resort. However, participants are expected to complete their breakfast and report. As we drive to the Satpura range, the wait of witnessing a fiercely predator is breaking. And soon we reach our resort, where we are not only welcomed in traditional style by the hospitality group but also the warm and welcoming birds, trees and the vivid beauty of nature. Rooms will be given and you can freshen up and relax after a long drive that we had. Meet for lunch with your cameras and binoculars and soon after you finish lunch we head for our first safari in the Forests of Satpura (Mountain Plains). Evening some hot tea would be served in resort. An evening stroll around the cottages, perhaps a shorter one as time doesn’t permit. Dinner will be served and we call this day off early for an early rise next day.
Day 2: Satpura (Morning & Evening Safari)
Wake up to the calls of chirping birds as you have to catch first sight of these majestic predators under first rays of light. Early morning tea will refresh you and we head out in forest sailing in a Boat (Woohoo!! It’s a boat safari, trust this would make you feel amazoned). Photographing some leopards will add to exotic flavours of forest safaris. Return back to resort for breakfast and relaxation. One can walk around for some birding. Freshly cooked aromatic food will be served in lunch. Post lunch we head for another safari in the woods (This time on an Elephant) until evening and return with some real experiences of a hill forest. Evening tea and snacks will be served in resort, while you sit on the arm chair facing the River with a sight of setting sun in your eyes (A total silhouette effect, isn’t it?). Post dinner we sit out and look at the stars listening to stories of such a rich bio-diversity and enjoy local art/wildlife documetary. We call it a day.
Day 3: Satpura – Bhopal (130Kms/4 Hrs)
Wake up by 0630Hrs and get your bags packed. Freshen up and meet for early breakfast. As we walk out of the property for some first ray birding and trekking in Satpuras. On a walking safari or Trekking and spotting some exotic and threatened species adds to the list of fauna. We wave goodbye to the forest, its owner and care takers after we check out. Remember the drive is 4Hrs to Bhopal (Do stock up water that will suffix you). We shall reach Bhopal by 1300Hrs. (Note: Please book flights or trains post 1600Hrs for some buffer time in hand of any emergency scenarios) Drop at Bhopal Station and wave goodbye to all your fellow travel mates, leader and nature enthusiasts. We hope to see you again on some other fascinating yet exciting trip in some part of this world.
Tour officially ends.
|Satpura||Denwa Backwater Escape||4* River Side|
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotel
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle from Bhopal
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary
- 3 Wildlife Safaris(Jeep/Boat/Elephant)
- Trekking / Walking Safari
- Guide Charges
- Forest permits, Gypsy charges
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fare
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|21 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
Documents Required (For all participant)
Participants are advised to carry the following documents for their own safety and convenience or for any permits to be taken during the activities.
- Compulsory for Foreigners, Non-Resident Indians
- Desirable for Indians
- For Indians who do not have a passport:
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
- Driving license
- Pan Card (Has to be qualified with a proof of address as Pan Card is not a proof of Address)
- Election ID Card
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
You will be required to carry the original of the document that you forward to make various permits (if any).
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Departure date: TBA