Prashar Lake Winter Trek:
The Prashar Lake winter trek lies 49 km north of Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India. With a three storied pagoda-like temple dedicated to the sage Prashar. The lake is located at a height of 2730 m above sea level. With deep blue waters, the lake is held sacred to the sage Prashar and he is regarded to have meditated there. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and looking down on the fast flowing river Beas, the lake can be approached via Drang.
The temple was built in the thirteenth century and legend has it was built by a baby from a single tree. The lake has a floating island in it and it is said to be unclear how deep it is, with a diver not being able to determine its depth.
About the Trek:
The Prashar lake winter trek is surrounded by the Dhauladhar ranges in Kullu Valley is a blue-water lake called Prashar. Prashar Lake is a well-kept secret in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. The trek follows a charming trail through a forest and several rivulets. Meanwhile, one can enjoy the local culture as the trail goes through villages as well. The prashar lake winter trek offers a 180 degree view of the Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and Kinnaur mountain ranges.
For those interested in architecture, the local temple of Prashar Rishi next to the lake, with its riveting Himachali architecture, blends perfectly with the landscape. The pristine blue Parashar Lake is located amidst the Dhauladhar ranges of Kullu. The temple is dedicated to the sage Parashara, and it is also believed that the saint meditated here for quite a long time. Bansen the king of Mandi got this temple built in the 13th century in Pagoda style. It is believed that the local temple of Prashar Rishi is made of one Deodar tree. The riveting “Himachali” architecture of the temple blends perfectly with the landscape.
Region Dhauladhar, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Mandi 04 Days
Trekking days 02 Days
Max Altitude Prashar lake (8957ft)
Type Himalayan Trek / Trekking
|Day 1||Panarsa – Jwalapur – Prashar Lake||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 2||Prashar Lake – Jwalapur – Panarsa – Delhi||B,L|
Day 01: Arrival at Panarsa
You will be received by our representative at Panarsa. Here you will get room to wash and change and will be served Breakfast. Then you will be driven for around 25km to the scenic Jwalapur village; arriving in the village, enjoy packed lunch and get energised. Post this begins with the trek to Prashar Lake. Ascend and descend through the easy, yet captivating trails for around 4-5 hours till you reach the lakeside. Trail passes through lush green coniferous forest and waterfalls and streams.
Once beside the lake, settle down in the camps and enjoy the sunset photography with an engrossing campfire followed by snacks, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 – Sightseeing in Prashar Lake, Departure from Panarsa
After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of the Prashar Lake on a guided tour. Visit a nearby temple and start descending towards Jwalapur; be careful while trekking downwards as the trails might be slippery!
Arriving in Jwalapur, get your packed lunch and take a drive to Panarsa, where you will be relaxing for the day. Post Lunchi in Panarsa, depart the vicinity and start with your onward journey to Delhi and mark the end of this Prashar Lake winter trek tour. Volvo departs at 0700 pm from Panarsa.
- 01 night accommodation at Prashar in Tent/Home stay/Guest house on triple sharing
- (02 breakfast + 02 lunch + 01 dinner)
- Transit room on arrival and departure for freshen up and leaving extra luggage
- Gear (Sticks+Ponchu+Snow gaiters+Day bags+Tent+Sleeping bags+mattresses+lights) during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- Return Non Ac Transportation from Panarsa to Jwalapur
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- 5% GST
- Volvo tickets to Panarsa
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Additional porter/Mules/horses for personal luggage
- Camera fees (Additional)
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||15 days prior to departure||07 days prior to departure|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 13th January 2018
Batch 2: 20th January 2018
Batch 3: 26th January 2018
Batch 4: 27th January 2018
Batch 5: 10th February 2018
Batch 6: 17th February 2018