MOWGLI’S DEN – PENCH TIGER SAFARI
2 NIGHTS – 3 DAYS
Pench tiger reserve:
Pench National Park or Tiger Reserve is one of the premier tiger reserves of India and the only one to straddle across two states – Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. Ordinarily, the reference to Pench is mostly always to the tiger reserve in Madhya Pradesh (M.P).
The portion of the reserve that is in Madhya Pradesh is nestled in the southern slopes of the Satpura range of Central India. Pench Tiger Reserve comprises the Indira Priyadarshini Pench National Park, the Pench Mowgli Sanctuary and a buffer. It derives its name from its life line-the River Pench. A total protected region of over 1920 sq.km.
As of May 2017, the number of tigers in Pench Tiger Reserve has increased up to 44 as compared to 31 in 2016. From this numbered estimate, 22 are males and 22 are females. This estimate does not include the number of cubs present, which are assumed to be about 7 – 8. The fictional works of Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book, are set in the region. Kipling himself never visited the area, instead basing his descriptions on other locations in India.
The carnivore fauna is represented by the tiger (Panthera tigris), leopard (Panthera pardus), dhole (Cuon alpinus), jungle cat (Felis chaus), and small Indian civet (Viverricula indica). Wolves (Canis lupus) occur on the fringes and outside the Reserve limits. Striped hyena (Hyaena hyaena), sloth bear (Melursus ursinus), golden jackal (Canis aureus), and common palm civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) make up the rest of the carnivore fauna of the Reserve. The common northern plains gray langur (Semnopithecus entellus) and rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta) represent the primate fauna of the area. The Indian porcupine (Hystrix indica), two species of mongoose viz. common mongoose (Herpestes edwardsii) and ruddy mongoose (Herpestes smithii), and black-naped hare (Lepus nigricollis nigricollis) also occur in this Tiger Reserve.
Region Seoni, Maharashtra
No of Days Ex – Nagpur 03 Days
Grade Jungle Safari Easy
Type Wildlife Safari
|Day 1||Nagpur – Pench – Evening Safari||Resort||L,D|
|Day 2||Pench Tiger Reserve Safari (Morning and Evening)||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Pench Tiger Reserve Safari – Nagpur||B|
Day 1: Nagpur – Pench – Evening Safari
Arrive at Nagpur Railway station and meet our representative. Transfer to vehicles and drive to Pench through the quiet and misty forests of Satpura Hills. Arrive at Pench resort, check in and rejuvenate. Lunch will be served and vehicles for Safari would be ready to drive you in the forest. Return from safari for tea and relax. Early dinner followed by early light off.
Day 2: Pench Tiger Reserve Safari (Morning and Evening)
Drive for early Morning safari in Pench National Park after pre-dawn tea and later return back to resort for breakfast. Until Lunch relax or explore around property. Post lunch evening safari in Pench National park. In the evening we shall discuss more about photography and birds of Pench meadows. Later in the evening wildlife documentaries will be shown or showcasing your pics on the big screen. Dinner will be served and call it off a day.
Day 3: Pench Tiger Reserve Safari – Nagpur
After breakfast check out from the resort. Drive to Nagpur for drop at station. Do not forget to be a part of a Group photo.
Tour officially ends here.
Ex-Mumbai: Indians: Adult: ₹16,800/- per head****
Ex-Nagpur: Indians: Adult: ₹12,500/- per head
|Pench||Tiger N Woods Resort||3*|
***Note: Above mentioned hotel are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Return 3AC train fare from Mumbai **** (Subject to availability)
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle.
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Safari gypsy (5pax per gypsy)
- Wildlife documentaries at hotel
- The Tern Travellers Wildlife naturalist cum Leader
- Leader Charges
- GST 5%
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Adventure sports at the property.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|21 days before Departure||75%|
|14 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 21 days||50%|
|21 to 07 days||80%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for safaris (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for safaris
- Wildlife safaris are a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our safaris are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Departure dates: 22nd Nov, 14th Feb
Total seats: 20 each batch
(The above rate is valid until June 2020 for all departure dates mentioned above)