NAMDAPHA – EASTERN PARADISE
Namdapha National Park is the largest protected area in the Eastern Himalaya biodiversity hotspot and is located in Arunachal Pradesh in Northeast India. It is also the third largest national park in India in terms of area. It is located in the Eastern Himalayan sub-region and is recognized as one of the richest areas in biodiversity in India. The park harbours the northernmost lowland evergreen rainforests in the world at 27°N latitude. The area is also known for extensive dipterocarp forests, comprising the north-western parts of the ecoregion of Mizoram-Manipur-Kachin rain forests.
Indulge yourself in the pleasurable and exciting activity of watching colorful birds by choosing an unforgettable bird watching vacation to the Namdapha National Park. Marvel at several species of birds like the Great Hornbill, Wallace’s Hawk Eagle, Blyth’s Kingfisher and White-winged Wood Duck. The list does not end here. You have to visit Namdapha in person to cherish the whole new experience of watching birds. Our package has been designed to ensure you get most out of your holiday by creating an itinerary that suits your interests, time and budget.
Region East Assam
No of Days Ex – Dibrugarh 06 Days
Grade Trek Easy
Type Bird Watching
|Day 1||Dibrugarh – Namdapha||Guest House||L,D|
|Day 2||Deban – Haldibadi – Deban||Guest House||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Deban – Hornbill – Deban||Guest House||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Deban – Hornbill – Deban||Guest House||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Namdapha – Dibrugarh||Guest House||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Dibrugarh departure||B|
Day 1: Dibrugarh – Namdapha
Arrive at Dibrugarh railway station by 0800Hrs and meet The Tern Travellers leaders and transfer to Chilika. Proceed to Namdapha National Park (170 Kms / 06 Hrs) – located at the Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh. Tall and dense evergreen rainforests cover vast areas of the lowlands. The park has a rich diversity of both flora and fauna it’s a home of four big Cat namely Tiger, Leopard, and Clouded Leopard and snow Leopard. The park consists of about 453 species of bird such as Hornbills, wren-babblers, laughing thrushes, parrotbills shrike babblers and scimitar babblers. Endangered species include the Rufous-necked Hornbill, Green Cochoa, Purple Cochoa, Beautiful Nuthatch, Ward’s Trogon, Ruddy Kingfisher, Blue-eared Kingfisher, eagle, Eurasian, Pied Falconet, White-winged Wood Duck, Himalayan Wood-owl, Rufous-throated Hill-partridge etc. Overnight stay at forest rest house.
Day 2: Deban – Haldibadi – Deban
Morning birding at Deban – on the banks of the river Nao – Dihing. Later crossed the river & trek up to Haldibari (3 km walk one way). Bird such as Snowy-throated Babblers and Pale-headed Woodpecker are often sighted. The path is also excellent for sighting White-cheeked Hill Partridge and Blue-naped Pitta, as well as several hornbill species, diurnal squirrels and primates. Later trek back to Deban. Overnight stay in forest rest house
Day 3: Deban – Hornbill – Deban
Morning trek to Hornbill for birding (07km Walk) Both Hornbill and Haldibari camp is situated at the centre of tall evergreen forest. These regions are always good for sighting of both different species of birds and animals. One can sight White-throated Brown Hornbill and the Great Hornbill. Besides hornbills, White-tailed Flycatchers are common, Streaked Wren-babblers, Large Scimitar Babblers and Pied Falconets are also seen. Afternoon trek back to Deban. Overnight stay in forest rest house
Day 4: Deban – Hornbill – Deban
Today we will be continuing with our Hornbill bird trek for the second consecutive days and will maximize our bird list. Hornbill is as the name suggests is a homing ground for hornbills. Here flocks of these birds can be frequently spotted flying from one grove to another. Later trek back to Deban. Overnight stay at rest house in Deban
Day 5: Namdapha – Dibrugarh
Today after breakfast we will drive to Dibrugarh, we will have short halt at several birding locations on the way. Upon arrival in Dibrugarh transfer to the hotel. Evening at leisure. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 6: Dibrugarh departure
After breakfast you will be transferred to Dibrugarh Airport for onward destination.
Tour officially ends here.
|Dibrugarh||Hotel little Palace or Similar||Luxury|
|Deban||Forest rest house or similar||Rest house|
***Note: Above mentioned hotel are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Transportation by AC Vehicle.
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Trek charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- The Tern Travellers Wildlife Naturalist cum Leader
- Leader Charges
- GST 5%
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Adventure sports at the property.
- Airfares/Rail fare.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|30 days before Departure||75%|
|15 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 15 days||50%|
|15 to 07 days||80%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
November: 08, 22