About the tour:
Travel along the Mumbai-Agra highway to reach Sasupada and here begins one the most exhilarating trails on the offering. About 17% of SGNP’s land lies beyond the Bassein/Bhayander creek and these forests are relatively pristine and for all reasons favourite amongst butterfly watchers, bird watchers and nature enthusiasts. A gentle walk down the hill side will lead you the small nature interpretation centre at the base.
This is one place where one gets to experience the confluence of mangrove ecosystem and forest ecosystem in all its grandeur. This patch of forest also harbours some of the most undisturbed and healthy growth of ecologically significant mangrove vegetation along the island of Mumbai. Nature never ceases to surprise us with its resilience and in the year 2003, nature enthusiasts discovered that a tigress had taken up residence in this part of the forest.
As no one can really speculate as to where did the tiger come from, it is impossible for anyone to guess where that cat is now? So hit the Nagla-Block trail and get ready for your own discoveries.
Type: Nature Trail
No of days: 01
Trail time: 2 – 3Hrs
Meeting point: Fountain Hotel, Ghodbunder – Virar Jn
|Day 1||Nagla Block Trail|
Day Wise Itinerary
0630Hrs: Reporting at the reporting point
0645Hrs: Head towards Nagla block
0730Hrs: Reach entrance of Nagla Block
0745Hrs: Nature trail at Nagla block
1100Hrs: Return to entrance point
1115Hrs: Drive to Fountain hotel
1230Hrs: Drop at Fountain Hotel
Trip officially ends.
Ex Fountain Hotel: Indians: Adult ₹700/-* per person
- Return Transport Fountain to Nagla block
- Entry fees for park
- First Aid Kit
- Guide fees
- Trip expertise
- Naturalist Buddy from Tern Travellers team
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|Advance (Non Refundable)||Balance on or before 3 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||50%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius)
- Energy bars
- Wildlife safaris/Bird watching is a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Birdwatching is a hobby and not a race, hence request all birders to maintain discipline at all times.
- Bird watching is an art of silence and key observation.
- Avoid Pointing out directly to a bird that might flush the bird away.
- Do not get too close to a bird for a photograph that you flush it away.
- Birdwatching should be enjoyed by binoculars and the fun is to spot them, identify them and if you still have some time with the bird photograph them.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our walks are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Departure Date/s: TBA