About the tour:
Matheran is a very famous hill station and a popular weekend gets a way for the Mumbaiites. There are many different hiking routes to reach the top. The most common is one by the motorable road from Neral, which can get very monotonous. Some other routes are via Peb Fort, via one tree hill…
Sunset point is one of the most famous points of Matheran. Even though a name of sunset point it gives a most scenic view of vertical series of waterfalls at morning time in rainy season.
The only hill station in Asia which is automobile free is home to end number of monsoon flora and fauna. Malabar whistling thrush, grey hornbill, Asian Paradise flycatcher, Barn Owl, Eagle Owl, Malabar giant squirrel are the highlights in monsoon. Get ready to have a full packed experience of trek and wildlife on one of the most eco-friendly and serene beauties of Maharashtra. Travel with us for the most amazing experience of this monsoon.
Highlights of the trip:
- Trek through beautiful forest
- Walk in the dark forest of Matheran
- White rumped Shama
- Orange headed thrush
- Vigors Sunbird
- Purple rumped sunbird
- Malabar Whistling thrush
- Malabar Giant Squirrel
- White cheeked barbett
- Many more
Type: Bird walk
No of days: 02
|Day 1||Mumbai – Matheran||L,D||Resort|
|Day 2||Matheran – Mumbai||B|
Day 1: Mumbai to Matheran
Report at Meeting point early morning and transfer to Matheran. Upon reaching walk 4kms to Matheran centre through dense forest of Matheran birdwatching. Check in to the hotel and fresh up. Post lunch Explore the vicinity for the first evening trail. Rest of the evening is at leisure.
Day 2: Matheran – Mumbai
Pre Breakfast, an early visit to the forest and photographing. Return to resort for breakfast and pack up. Check out from the resort. Post breakfast head out for a final trail in the Matheran forest. Return for lunch (at own cost) and transfer to Mumbai.
Tour officially ends.
Ex-Mumbai: Rs.3100/- per head
Group Requisite: 08 pax
|Matheran||Brightland Resort or Similar||Deluxe|
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis in above mentioned hotel.
- Transfers by Vehicle. (Mumbai – Matheran – Mumbai)
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entry charges for Matheran
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Entry fees to other than Kaas Plateau
- Airfares/Rail fares.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|Advance||Balance on or before 7 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|