Bandipur & kabini – marvels of karnataka
3 NIGHTS – 4 DAYS
Bandipur tiger reserve:
Bandipur National Park established in 1974 as a tiger reserve under Project Tiger, is a national park located in the south Indian state of Karnataka. It was once a private hunting reserve for the Maharaja of the Kingdom of Mysore but has now been upgraded to Bandipur Tiger Reserve. Bandipur is known for its wildlife and has many types of biomes, but dry deciduous forest is dominant.
Bandipur supports a good population of endangered and vulnerable species like Indian elephants, gaurs, tigers, sloth bears, muggers, Indian rock pythons, four-horned antelopes, jackals and dholes.
Nagarhole national park:
Nagarhole National Park (also known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park), is a national park located in Kodagu district and Mysore district in Karnataka state in South India.
This park was declared the thirty seventh Project Tiger reserve in 1999. It is part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. The Western Ghats Nilgiri Sub-Cluster of 6,000 km2 (2,300sq mi), including all of Nagarhole National Park, is under consideration by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee for selection as a World Heritage Site.
The park has rich forest cover, small streams, hills, valleys and waterfalls. The park has a healthy predator-prey ratio, with many tigers, Indian bison and elephants.
Region Nilgiris, Western Ghats
No of Days Ex – Bangalore 04 Days
Grade Jungle Safari Easy
Type Wildlife Safari
|Day 1||Bangalore – Bandipur||Forest Cottages||L,D|
|Day 2||Bandipur (Morning & evening Safari)||Forest Cottages||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Bandipur (Morning) – Nagarhole (Evening Safari)||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Nagarhole (Morning Safari) – Bangalore||B|
Day 1: Bangalore – Bandipur
Arrive at Bangalore Railway station and meet our representative. Transfer to vehicles and drive to Bandipur forest Lodges. Check in to Forest Cottage and freshen up. Proceed for lunch and get your gadgets out for photographing the best of wildlife in Nilgiris. Return back to FRH for tea and relaxation. Sit out and discuss sighting with the group.
Day 2: Bandipur
Early morning Safari – 2 in Bandipur National Park and followed by breakfast. Relax and explore the property around with our naturalist birding. Lunch will be followed by Safari -3 in search of photographic shots of the trip. Evening would be free to relax and a small session on photographing wildlife. Short discussion about sightings and sit around the bonfire. Dinner will be served and call it off a day early.
Day 3: Bandipur – Kabini (Nagarhole)
Early morning safari to explore forests of Bandipur on the last safari, return back to property for breakfast and check out. Drive to Nagarhole through the quiet and misty forests of Nilgiri’s. Arrive at Nagarhole resort, check in and rejuvenate. Lunch will be served and vehicles for Safari would be ready to drive you in the forest. Return from safari for tea and relax. Early dinner followed by early light off.
Day 4: Nagarhole
Drive in early morning in Nagarhole National park followed by breakfast. After breakfast we check out and drive back to Bangalore. Reach Bangalore station and bid farewell to fellow travellers. Return home with loads of memories, friends and definitely some great photographs.
Tour officially ends here.
Ex-Mumbai: Indians: Adult: ₹35,000/-*** per head
Ex-Mysore: Indians: Adult: ₹19,500/- per head
|Bandipur||Bandipur Forest Cottages||FRH|
|Nagarhole||Nagarhole Jungle Inn||Deluxe|
***Note: Above mentioned hotel are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Roundtrip economy class airfare from Mumbai***
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotels.
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle.
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- 4 Safaris in Bandipur
- 2 Safaris in Nagarhole
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Safari gypsy (5pax per gypsy)
- Wildlife documentaries at hotel
- The Tern Travellers Wildlife Naturalist cum Leader
- Leader Charges
- GST 5%
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Adventure sports at the property.
- Airfares/Rail fare.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|21 days before Departure||75%|
|14 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 21 days||50%|
|21 to 07 days||80%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for safaris (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for safaris
- Wildlife safaris are a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our safaris are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Departure dates: 05Dec
Total seats: 20
(The above rate is valid until June 2020 for all departure dates mentioned above except Christmas/New year vacation)