The Triund and Lahesh Cave trek is a popular halting spot for the nomadic shepherds or Gaddis during the summers. In this three-day trek, spend a night camping in this unassuming cave. Pass the other known pit stops of this trail and spend a night at Triund.
Region Dhauladhar, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Mcleodganj 04 Days
Trekking days 03 Days
Max Altitude Lahesh caves (3500mts)
|Day 1||Mcleodganj||Guest House||D|
|Day 2||Mcleodganj – Triund||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Triund – Snow line – Lahesh Caves – Triund||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Triund – Mcleodganj||B,L|
Day 01: Arrive Mcleodganj – Acclimatization
Meet trek leader and group at the guest house. Check in to the Guest house and relax. Freshen up and walk out to explore the Hills of Mcleodganj. You can visit the following:
> Bhagsu Nag waterfall
> Dalai Lama temple
> St Francis Church
> Mcleodganj antiques market
> HPCA stadium
> War memorial
> Dalai Lama / Tibet Museum
You can try some cafes at the Dharamkot road end towards Mcleodganj main circle. The sit outs are worth visiting.
(Note: The sightseeing will be on own cost)
Return back to guest house by evening and enjoy dinner. Trek leader will brief the trek before you go to bed.
Day 02: Mcleodganj to Triund (Height 2875m Distance 09 km/04-05 hrs.)
It is a beautiful walk through mixed forests of the deodar, oak and rhododendron. Triund is situated on a ridge with a beautiful view of whole Kangra valley on one side and Dhauladhar mountain range on the other. Overnight stay in tents
Day 03: Triund – Snow Line – Lahesh Cave (3700m) – Triund
This is perhaps one of the most challenging days of the trek. After breakfast we walk further up to Lahesh cave which is a temporary shepherd campsite in the summer, situated at the tip of a small glacier. There will be an opportunity to walk on the glacier to reach Lahesh Cave, this is quite strenuous but well worth the effort. Lahesh Cave is used as an overnight shelter by the shepherds travelling over the mountain with their sheep. We return to Triund for the overnight stay.
Day 04: Triund – Mcleodganj
Take the same route on the way back or follow the grassy ridge which will lead to Bhagsu Nag Temple, after crossing a small waterfall on the way. Mcleodganj is only 1.5 Km from the Bhagsu Nag by road.
Trip officially ends.
- 04 night’s accommodation on triple sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 04 nights in tent
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation. The vehicle used under each pax bracket will be as follows:
- non Air-conditioned Tata sumo car in Manali
- Transfer from hotel to Batal and Baralacha to hotel
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Manali.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
A/c Name: Nabeel Ansari
A/c Number: 318401010137546
Nature of A/c: Current
Bank: Union Bank of India
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.