Ladakh means – The Land of High Passes. It is extended from the Keun Lun mountain range to the main Great Himalayas to the south, inhabited by people of Indo-Aryan and Tibetan.
Ladakh is renowned for its remote mountain beauty and culture. Ladakh being one of the Halt points on the “SILK ROUTE”. Since then Ladakh is a prominence of Culture and human intervenes. Ladakh was a stopover on the silk route because of one major reason and that is “SALT”. After crossing end number of high passes and sky touching mountains, traders looked for salt and Ladakh was the only region on that altitude which can provide salt. As it being a desert on a high altitude.
By its name, Ladakh is host to enormous high passes but also the land to some claimed highest motor able roads in the world – “Khardung La and Taklang La”.
Not only geographical features but also is a vast land for their unique cultures and festivals. Ladakhi’s share their culture with Tibet. So prominently it is more of Tibet in India. The unique Dragon dance and many others, one can go ecstatic buying and shopping souvenirs for themselves and their family. As you arrive in Leh you get a quick rush of the altitude as you hit it is 3000M from the sea level and the warm breeze swings around your face, the travel excitement gets pumped up.
I hope you have a got a fair idea on the destination you are visiting this summers.
Trail Leh – Thiksey – Shey – Pangong – Chang La – Hemis – Leh – Nubra – Khardung La – Diskit – Hunder – Diskit Gompa – Leh – Nimo – Leh
Region Ladakh, Greater Himalayas
No of Days Ex – Leh 07 Days
Maximum Altitudes Khardung La
Passes Khardung La, Chang La
|Day 1||Leh – Acclimatization||Hotel||D|
|Day 2||Leh – Local Sight seeing||Hotel||B,D|
|Day 3||Leh – Karu – Chang La – Pangong||Camps||B,D|
|Day 4||Pangong – Chang La – Hemis – Leh||Hotel||B,D|
|Day 5||Leh – Nubra – Khardung La – Khalsar – Panamik – Hunder||Camps||B,D|
|Day 6||Hunder – Diskit Monastery – Leh||Hotel||B,D|
|Day 7||Leh – Airport drop||B|
Day 1: On arrival at Leh airport, meet with our office representative, who will assist and transfer you to Hotel. Take complete rest for the day to acclimatize to the high altitude. Late evening take a walk around Leh Town or take rest at hotel to acclimatize.
Day 2: Second day for the acclimatization. Take a short sightseeing trip around Leh. Some Places to visit:
- Thiksey Gompa: 19Kms from Leh, spectacularly sited, Thiksey is one of the largest and architecturally most impressive Gompas. There are several temples in this Gompas, containing images, stupas and wall paintings of Buddha, which are exquisite.
- Shey Palace and Gompa: Situated on a hillock 15Kms upstream from Leh, it was once the residence of the royal family. According to tradition, it was the seat of power of the pre-Tibetan kinds. A 7.5mts high copper statue of Buddha, plated with gold and the largest of its kind, is installed here.
- Shanti Stupa: Built by the Japanese government in 1995 and inaugurated by H.H.Dalai Lama of Tibet. Enjoy panoramic views of Leh and surrounding areas of Indus valley from here.
- Druk White Lotus School: Also known as Rancho School – 3idiot. The school was damaged in August 2010 when cloudbursts caused flash floods that washed mud and boulders into many school buildings. The Bollywood star Aamir Khan made a special effort to lend a helping hand.
Day 3: Post early breakfast, drive to Pangong Lake taking the road via Karu. You will pass by the beautiful green valley of Shakti as you ascend towards Chang La – the third highest motor able pass in the world. As you drive down from the pass you will reach Tangste village, en-route you will see many endemic and migratory bird species and will certainly encounter the Tibetan Marmots. The landscape as you approach Pangong Tso is breath-taking! This lake of “3 Idiots” fame is world renowned for its changing colours throughout the day according to the sun’s position and reflection.
Day 4: Drive back to Leh (150kms – 5hrs). En-route take a short halt at Chang la Pass to enjoy a cup of hot steaming tea.
- Hemis monastery: Hemis is the largest monastery in Ladakh and has one of the most beautiful locations. It also consists of a museum which houses the largest collection of ancient Buddhist artefacts in India. Head to Leh after seeing Hemis and reach hotel by late afternoon. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 5: Post Breakfast head out to Nubra Valley via the world’s highest motor able pass – Khardung La. Stop by at the world’s highest café – catch a quick snack and tea and the customary photo shoot. As you continue towards Nubra, you will drop altitude and reach a region that is the most fertile in Ladakh. The drive between Khardung La and Nubra alongside the Shyok River is our favourite. The landscape is stunning, as you follow the Shyok River. Take Lunch halt at Khalsar. En-route visit the village of Sumur which is situated across the Shyok and Nubra Rivers, this picturesque village is famous for the 150 year old Samstanling Monastery. Founded by Lama Tsultim Nima the monastery houses 70 monks. Built on a hill, the gompa overlooks the valley and has a rich collection of gilded statues, murals and thangkas. Also visit Panamik, the last civilian point before entering the Siachen Glacier & Battlefield area. View the small hot spring at Panamik and drive to Hunder. The 7km stretch between Diskit and Hunder is marked by sand dunes which is a surprising sight at high altitude. Ride the unique double-humped Bactrian camels.
Day 6: Leave early morning after breakfast drive to Diskit Monastery.
- Diskit Monastery, the largest and the oldest surviving monastery in Nubra Valley. Drive continues, reach Leh early afternoon. Day is free for shopping/leisure.
Day 7: Bid farewell to the enchanting and breath-taking mountainous and rugged terrain of Ladakh, as you transfer to Leh Airport for your onward flight home.
Ex-Leh: Adult: ₹18,999/- per head (Above 12 yrs)
Child: ₹12,499/- per head (5-12 yrs of age)
***Rates Valid until 30th September 2019. All bookings done on or before 30th September 2019 will be at the above price.
|Leh||Hotel Oasis Villa/Similar||4||3*|
|Pangong||Camp Holiday Shore/Similar||1||3*|
|Nubra Valley||Camp De Nubra/Similar||1||3*|
***Note: Above mentioned hotels are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per above Itinerary by Non-AC Scorpio/Innova/Xylo.
- Daily Buffet breakfast & dinner is included in the package.
- Airport transfers at Leh by Non-AC Qualis/Tavera.
- 15minutes double hump camel ride at Nubra Valley.
- All tolls & Permit(wherever applicable).
- The Tern Travellers professional Tour Leader
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Entry ticket fees to Museums, Parks, etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees, guide charges.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
Supplementary activity charges:
- River Rafting INR 1500 Per Person for approx. 2 hrs. [Phey – Nimoo (Indus) / Choksti – Nimoo (Zanskar)]
- River Rafting INR 2000 Per Person for approx. 3 hrs. [Chilling – Nimoo (Zanskar River)]
- Motorbike on hire:
- Royal Enfield 500 CC (Any kind of model) – Rs.1800 per bike per day.
- Royal Enfield 350 CC (Classic/Thunderbird) – Rs.1500 per bike per day.
- Royal Enfield 350 CC (Electra) – Rs.1300 per bike per day.
- Royal Enfield 350 CC (Standard) – Rs.1200 per bike per day.
- Bajaj Avenger 220 CC – Rs.1200 per person per day.
- Yamaha FZ / Hero Impulse – Rs.1000 per person per day.
- Automatic bike without gear – Rs.1000 per person per day.
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 CC – Rs.1000 per person per day.
NOTE: An extra amount of Rs.100 per day will be charged for luggage carrier.
- Downhill Mountain biking from Khardung La top on the way back from Nubra Valley at Rs.2500 per person.
- Post-paid mobile connections of Vodafone, Airtel, BSNL, MTNL and Idea Cellular only will work in the entire state of Jammu & Kashmir.
- At all locations, there are no telephone landlines.
- Due to shortage in electricity, we request our guest to carry torches or portable lights.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|Adult||Child Above 10Yrs||Child Below 10yrs|
|At the time of booking||30%||25%||25%|
|On or before 60 days of Departure||75%||75%||75%|
|On or before 30 days of Departure||100%||100%||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 120 days||25%|
|120 to 90 days||35%|
|90 to 60 days||50%|
|60 to 30 days||60%|
|30 to 15 days||80%|
|Less than 15 days||100%|