It has always been our endeavour to go beyond the ordinary… to explore the un-explored, to create paths which others will follow. Our inspiration is the beautiful world of Mountains and the Himalayas occupying a special place of its own. Our passion to experience these majestic snow-peaks has led us to explore its spectacularly different vistas – from the hauntingly beautiful moonscape of Ladakh, the rugged terrain of Lahaul-Spiti in Himachal, the gentle slopes and greenery of Sikkim to the mystical beauty of Arunachal Pradesh.
Kuari which means “doorway” is a Himalayan high mountain pass situated in the Garhwal region of northern India, south of the Tibetan border and on the western rim of the “Nanda Devi Sanctuary” Biosphere Reserve and falls in the Chamoli district. The Kuari Pass Trek found fame in the early 1900’s when intrepid adventurers and mountaineers such as Lord Curzon, Eric Shipton and Bill Tilman used the passage in their pioneering explorations of the region. The Kuari Pass trek is known as The Curzon Trail (named after the former British Viceroy Of India “Lord Curzon”).
Among the several things that Lord Curzon did in India, the hands-down winner is exploration and popularising of a marquee trek route starting from Joshimath to Kuari Pass in the Garhwal Himalayas. At an altitude of 4264 meters, Kuari Top is like an amphitheatre where some of the stalwart peaks of Himalayas take stage. The 7000 meters club includes the Kamet (7756m),Trishul (7120m), Chaukhamba (7128m), and the great divine peak of Nanda Devi (7817m) and its twin Nanda Devi East (7434m). More peaks make an equally imposing appearance – Nanda Ghunti, Hathi Ghoda Parbat, Neelkanth, Dronagiri, Mukut Parbat, Mana, Rishi Pahad, and Changbang, to name a few. The Winter Kuari Pass trek gives you a chance to view this impressive skyline of these mighty mountains from close quarters.
The trek begins from Joshimath, in the Chamoli district of Himalayas, which has evolved into the hub for trekkers and pilgrims in this part of the Himalayas. Confluences of several rivers – the Pinder, Kaliganga, Nandakini, Birehiganga & Dhauli Ganga give make up the Pancha-Prayag – namely, Devprayag, Karnaprayag, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. The trek then proceeds through small remote Himalayan villages. Walking along the Curzon trail through these villages is a great way to get acquainted with the life of the mountain folks. The trees are ablaze in the yellow-orange colors of autumn, striking a deep contrast to the blue-brown mountains and the snow caps. On this trek one walks through gorgeous jungles of Oak and Deodar trees. And these jungles, of course, are house to some wildlife. Pug marks of leopards or Himalayan black bears can be sighted in the forests. Rhododendron trees, which bear flowers of a fiery red color, are also found in abundance in these mountains.
The truly refreshing part of the trek is while walking through the luxurious Himalayan meadows, called ‘Bugyals’ in the local tongue. The beauty and serenity of a Himalayan meadow is an experience no one should miss out on. The most remarkable is the Garson Bugyal, consisting of vast undulating green pastures. On this trek you will also visit Auli, which is famous for its beautiful skiing slopes in the winter Kuari pass.
The trek takes you up and down a few other lesser passes – the Vinayak pass and Tali top, eventually taking you to the highest point in the trek – the Kuari Top at which is at 4264 meters. This trek is not too difficult, and pays huge dividends for the physical effort with the most mesmerizing views of some of the best mountains in the Himalayan Range. The sight of the Nanda Devi Massif is the highlight of this trek. So if you want to have some fun in the meadows and on the snowy slopes of the Garhwal Himalayas, pack your rucksacks and head on towards Dehradun. Our Team will take you on to the Curzon Trail to Kuari Pass, while you feast your eyes on the spectacular sights.
Trail Joshimath – Garson – Khulara – Kuari Pass – Khulara – Tapovan – Joshimath Region Garhwal Himalayas, Uttaranchal
No of Days Ex – Joshimath 04 Days
Maximum Altitudes Kuari Top 4264 Meters
Passes Vinayak pass, Tali top, Kuari pass
Access Trek Begins Garson
Trek Ends Topoban
|Day 1||Haridwar – Joshimath||Lodge||D|
|Day 2||Joshimath – Gulling Top||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Gulling Top – Tali Forest Camp||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Tali – Kuari – Khullara – Tali||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Tali – Gurson – Joshimath||Lodge||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Joshimath – Haridwar||B|
Day 01: Haridwar – Joshimath (256/Kms/10Hrs/6724ft)
Arrive at Haridwar station and you will be picked up by our trek representative. Drive to joshimath. Report at the meeting point and check in to the lodge for today’s rest stay. One can opt for a short walk around as acclimatization.
Overnight stay at lodge
Day 02: Joshimath – Gulling Top (12Kms/6Kms trek/4hrs/9600ft)
The Kuari pass trek begins today, with a walk from Dhak village. The trail is a mix of steep and gradual ascent mostly through villages. The peaks spotted are Dronagiri, Hathi parvat, Gori Parvat and is also extremely picturesque, which will delight the shutterbugs. Overnight stay in tents
Day 03: Gulling Top – Tali Forest Camp (4kms/5hrs/11070ft)
Today’s trail is filled with steep ascents. After climbing for a bit, the majestic views of the Garhwal Himalayas will greet you. The trail then passes through a forest of pink and white Rhododendron and oak with walnut forest, eventually ending at Tali top, which is a beautiful grazing meadow that lies on top of a hill. Overnight stay is in tents.
Day 04: Tali – Kuari – Khullara – Tali (15kms/11hrs/12763ft)
Today’s day will be the toughest day. Today’s trail weaves through undulating meadows leading to a place called broken bridge traversing through frozen stream. After a strenuous climb upto Kuari and return back to Tali camp. Try to go to bed early tonight, because you’ll have an early start tomorrow. Overnight stay is in tents.
Day 05: Tali – Gurson – Joshimath (8kms/13kms/7Hrs)
Trek passes through Tali top, tali Lake and Gurson Bugyal. Eventually leading to Auli where your trek ends and transfer to vehicle for onward drive to Joshimath. Stay in guest house.
Day 06: Joshimath – Haridwar (256Kms/10Hrs)
You’ll eat a hearty breakfast this morning, and then say goodbye to the mountains. You’ll board vehicles and begin the long drive back to Haridwar. It’ll take you all day, but you’ll be happy to rest your legs after days of trekking. You’ll be dropped off at Haridwar by about 20:00 hrs. Trip ends here.
Trip officially ends.
Ex-Haridwar: Adult: ₹11,000/-* per head on triple sharing basis
Group Requisite: 10 pax
|Joshimath||Lodge or Similar||Standard|
- 05 night’s accommodation on triple/Quad sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 02 night in lodge/Guest house
- 03 nights in tent
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees/permits etc.
- Trekking equipment such as Crampons, Slings, carabiners, Oxygen cylinder
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- GST 5%
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Kathgodam.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.