The Parvati Valley is one of the most picturesque places in the Himalayan region of Himachal Pradesh. Two days is all you need to explore its magnificent landscape and get refreshed from within. The Kasol to Kheerganga trek is an invigorating journey, which not only unveils the stunning terrain of the Himalayas, but also gives you a chance to learn about the interesting culture of the people living here. You will visit plenty of villages, and there will be infinite opportunities for you to click pictures with the snow-capped peaks in the background.
We begin this Kheerganga trek from Kasol, which is among the most famous hill stations in the Pin Parvati Valley. From here, you will be taken to the hamlet of Bursheni to begin the on-foot journey. The 12-km trail from here provides you with ample opportunities to explore the natural bounties of the region. On the way, you will find numerous charming waterfalls that will convince you with their allure to take a picture. One sight of the astonishing serpent-shaped waterfall of Rudra Nag will give you a new perspective on nature. These splendid waterfalls are among the highlights of the Kheerganga trek.
All your tiredness of the hike will be washed away with a sight of the mystical hot springs of Kheerganga. You can step in it to tackle the cool weather. The one-of-a-kind experience of relaxing in a hot spring while admiring vistas of snow-capped peaks will remain with you forever as memories. The vistas from an altitude of about 13000 feet will also leave you spellbound. You get to spend the night here amidst the mighty snow-laden mountains. The second-day journey back to Kasol gives you another chance to admire what you might have missed on the first day while trekking from Kasol to Kheerganga. The trek is graded easy; therefore, almost anybody can undertake it with a little bit of preparation.
Region Dhauladhar, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Kasol 02 Days
Trekking days 02 Days
Max Altitude Kheer Ganga (2960Mtrs)
|Day 1||Kasol – Kheer Ganga||Camps||L,D|
|Day 2||Kheer Ganga – Kasol||Tent||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Kasol – Departure||B|
Day 01: Kasol – Bursheni – Rudra Nag – Kheerganga
The thrilling Kheerganga trek begins from the small village of Kasol, situated on the banks of the serene Parvati River. After pickup, move to Bursheni, the point of confluence of the Parvati and Tosh Rivers, to start hiking. While strolling through the magnificent landscape of Himachal Pradesh, you will be treated to majestic sights of nature. On the trail, pass a few wooden bridges and some slippery sections. During this part of the Kheerganga trek from Kasol, your eyes also feast on many picturesque waterfalls; remember to take pictures of every single one of these.
Later, arrive at Rudra Nag, and take a small halt to admire the beauty of the landform. The serpent-shaped waterfall has become one of the biggest tourist attractions in the Parvati Valley and a popular stop for trekkers. The approximately 12-km hike along the gushing Parvati River also takes you to the villages of Kalga and Pulga. This is a great time to learn about the local way of life and see how people survive here. Interact with the locals, and click a few pictures with them to save as memoirs of the amazing time you have on the Kasol to Kheerganga trek.
After reaching the green meadow of Kheerganga, take a refreshing dip in the hot springs to wash off the fatigue of the journey. The cool weather and vistas of the mighty peaks of the Himalayas, and the therapeutic water of the hot springs is a unique combination; an experience you will remember for the rest of your life. Later, enjoy a good night’s sleep in your camp to gather energy for the next day.
Day 02: Kheerganga – Rudra Nag – Bursheni – Kasol
Wake up to a magnificent view of the Himalayan peaks, and prepare for the journey back to Kasol through the same route you took to reach Kheerganga. Seize this opportunity to click pictures of the Himalayan landscape once again. The picture-perfect waterfalls en route treat your eyes, and soon you arrive in Bursheni. From here, head back to the buzzing hill station of Kasol, where this enthralling experience of trekking from Kasol to Kheerganga ends, leaving you with never-ending memories. Stay overnight in the hotel at Kasol.
Day 03: Kasol – Departure
After breakfast, depart from Kasol and proceed to your onward journey.
Trip officially ends.
Ex-Kasol: Adult: ₹2700/-* per head on triple sharing basis + 5% GST
Group Requisite: 10 pax
- 01 night accommodation on triple sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 01 night in tent & 01 night in camp
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- 5% GST
- Train fare/ Airfare
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.