KAZIRANGA WILDLIFE SAFARI TOUR
Kaziranga Wildlife Safari Tour: Kaziranga Tiger reserve a UNESCO world heritage site is the only place in India where one can see the “One Horned Rhinoceros”. It also hosts two-third of worlds Rhino population. This wildlife tour from Mumbai will take you around the reserve on Elephant and Jeep safaris and we will also be visiting Majuli Islands – World’s largest River Island district. A little insight about the place and flora fauna of the reserve:
Kaziranga National Park:
Kaziranga National Park, Assam situated on the banks of Brahmaputra is one of the niche wildlife destinations. The park hosts the One Horned Rhinoceros which is only to be seen here. 430sq.kms area is widely spread across elephant grass-meadows, swampy lagoons and dense tropical forest. On recommendation of Mary Curzon in 1908 the national park was formed and declared UNESCO in 1985.
The park is breeding ground to Elephants, Wild water buffalo and swamp deer. The Big five of the park are “ONE HORNED RHINOCEROS, BENGAL TIGER, ELEPHANT, WILD WATER BUFFALO & SWAMP DEER”. More than the wildlife it is the Brahmaputra River which makes the beauty more enigmatic. The park is also declared as Important Bird Area – IBA. Birds like lesser white-fronted goose, ferruginous duck, Baer’s pochard duck and lesser adjutant, greater adjutant, black-necked stork, and Asian Openbill stork specially migrate from the Central Asia during the winter season.
It is a first of its kind, a river island and 1st island district of the country. It is also the world’s largest river island district situated on Brahmaputra River, Assam. Spanning a total area of 1250 sq.km, it is one of the surreal places in Assam. Lying between 2 channels of Brahmaputra, Majuli seems to be a picturesque watery idyll. It is surely a paradise in disguise.
Region Kaziranga, Brahmaputra, Assam
No of Days Ex – Guwahati 04 Days
|Day 1||Guwahati – Kaziranga||L,D||Resort|
|Day 3||Kaziranga – Majuli Islands – Kaziranga||B,D||Resort|
|Day 4||Kaziranga – Guwahati||B|
Day 1: Guwahati – Kaziranga (215Kms/4 Hrs)
Arrive at Guwahati and meet our trip leader at Guwahati Airport, welcome all nature enthusiast and travellers. The drive from Guwahati is of about 4Hrs hence our meeting time at Guwahati airport is 0830Hrs and we drive from Guwahati to resort. We shall halt en-route for breakfast and resume journey to resort. Upon reaching, cherish the welcome drink and check in. Lunch will be served and we walk out bird watching around the property. Explore the wilderness in a couple of hour and head back to the resort. Evening refreshments followed by Dinner and stay in resort.
Day 2: Kaziranga (Morning Elephant & afternoon Jeep Safari)
Soon after we wake up early we head for our first Elephant safari to catch the golden light upon the Rhinoceros. An hour safari on Elephant back in the reserve is always mesmerising and rewarding. Return back for breakfast and rest. Lunch will be served and soon we leave for our first Jeep Safari in the reserve. Explore the wilderness in a couple of hour and head back to the resort. Evening tea and snacks will be provided with sight of sunset alongside a river. Post dinner we sit out and look at the stars listening to stories of such a rich bio-diversity. We call it a day.
Day 3: Kaziranga – Majuli – Kaziranga (150Kms/3 Hrs)
Wake up by 0630Hrs and get yourself packed. Freshen up and head out for last Elephant safari in the morning glow. Capture the big 5 in this last opportunity of safari as we return back with pictures and memories. Return for breakfast and drive to Nimati Ghat ferry wharf. Sail on the other side for about 90mins to step on Majuli Islands – A UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spend an entire day and leave after evening refreshments to sail and drive back to resort. Dinner and stay at resort.
Day 4: Kaziranga – Guwahati
A lazy morning followed by healthy breakfast and check out from the resort. Drive back to Guwahati and drop at Airport by 0100pm and we bid goodbye to our fellow mates. Board flight for onward journey
Tour officially ends.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotel
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle from Guwahati
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary
- 3 Wildlife Safaris by Elephant/Jeep
- Guide Charges
- Day visit to Majuli Islands
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fare
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
How to reach:
Mumbai: – Take a flight a day prior and stay overnight in Guwahati or Same day landing flight (AI-774: BOM2050-GAU0725: Stopover at Kolkata)
Delhi: – (I5-787: DEL0605-GAU0825: Non-stop)
Rail: Guwahati is well connected from Mumbai and Delhi with few trains.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari (The Tern Travellers)
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 07th December 2017
Batch 2: 25th January 2018