About the tour:
The Karnala Bird Sanctuary is located in Panvel Taluka of Raigad District, outside Mumbai, India near Matheran and Karjat. The sanctuary is quite small with an area of 12.11 square kilometres but along with the Sanjay Gandhi National Park and Tungareshwar sanctuary is one of the few sanctuaries to be within reach of the city of Mumbai.
Even so, the Karnala Bird Sanctuary is home to over 150 species of resident and 37 species of migratory birds. Three rare birds — Ashy Minivet, Three-toed kingfisher and Malabar Trogon — have also been sighted at the park. The sanctuary itself comprises moist deciduous forest and the forest department has made efforts to educate the visitors by tagging several trees inside the forest.
While it is a bird sanctuary, other forms wildlife also exist. Wild boars, langurs and rhesus monkeys are common here. There are four nature trails in the sanctuary. The two distinct seasons for bird-watching are the monsoons (good for spotting the Malabar whistling thrush, the magpie robin and the paradise flycatcher) and winters (when you can spot the migratory birds) when the blue throat, the black headed cuckoo-shrike, the blue-headed rock-thrush, blackbird and the red breasted flycatcher flock to the sanctuary during winter.
Highlights of the trip:
- Three toed Kingfisher
- Malabar Trogon
- Great Hornbill
- Heart spotted woodpecker
- Blue headed rock thrush
- Red breasted flycatcher
No of days: 01
Trail time: 2 – 3Hrs
Panvel ST Bus Stand, Nr. Market
A day filled for birdwatching and wildlife photography. Dedicated to nature your day starts off by meeting our representative/Leader/ Naturalist at the given meeting point @ 0700Hrs and we start our drive to Karnala in PVT Local transport. Arrive and explore the beautiful forest of Hariyal trail for about 1.5Hrs and a break for breakfast. We resume after breakfast in search of Hornbill and Woodpecker in the upper trails until lunch. Apart from Birds we shall also focus on other forms of life of the monsoons. Malabar whistling thrush and Asian Paradise flycatcher will be our prime “focus”. We return to base for lunch. Start our drive back to Panvel by the same mode of transport and the trip ends with some exciting birding and photographs.
Trip officially ends.
- Return Non AC Transport Panvel to Karnala
- Meals as per itinerary
- Entry fees for Sanctuary
- First Aid Kit
- Guide fees
- Trip expertise
- Naturalist Buddy from Tern Travellers team
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|Advance (Non Refundable)||Balance on or before 3 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||50%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 10th December 2017