Kareri Lake is a high altitude, shallow, fresh water lake south of the Dhauladhar range approximately 9 km North West of Dharamshala in Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh. Its surface is 2934 metres above the sea level. Snow melting from the Dhauladhar range serves as the source of the lake and a stream, Nyund is the outflow. Since the source is fresh melting snow and the lake is shallow, water visibility is very high and in most places, the lake bed can be seen.
Kareri Lake is best known for being a trekking destination in the Dhauladhar. The lake remains frozen from early December to March–April. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Shakti on a hilltop overlooking the lake. A few gaddi kothis are present on the other side of the lake, an area which is used by the gaddis as a grazing ground for their animals. Kareri Lake serves as a base for trekking further into the Dhauladhar and onward to Chamba and Bharmour via the Minkiani Pass (4250m) and Baleni Pass (3710m)
Region Dhauladhar, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Mcleodganj 04Days
Trekking days 04 Days
Max Altitude Kareri lake (3300 M)
|Day 1||Mcleodganj – Kareri village||Camps||L,D|
|Day 2||Kareri – Kareri lake||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Kareri lake – Kareri||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Kareri – Mcleodganj||B|
Day 01: Mcleodganj – Kareri village (1800M) 13Km
After reporting at the meeting point, transfer to vehicle and drive to base. The trek goes through pine forests and crosses several tribal villages on the way. Kareri is a tribal village. Night stay in tents
Day 02: Kareri – Kareri lake (3300 M) 13Km
Wake up to the rising sun, and break camps. The day is long and pleasant. Trail goes through mixed forests of oak and Deodar. You can munch on few cookies while on the trail. Reach by lunch hour and gulp nicely cooked fresh lunch. As the sight goes your camp is already ready and you can relax in the cosy weather. Later evening rejuvenate and enjoy around the bonfire. Night stay in tents
Day 03: Kareri lake – Kareri (1800 M) 13Km
Break camps after breakfast and foot up for the 3rd day of trek. Soon after a short ascent from the lake is a steep descent through the forests of oak and Deodar. Reach Kareri and enjoy lunch. Explore the forest around and scenic beauty.
Day 04: Kareri – Mcleodganj 13 Km
Break camp after breakfast and a simple trail leading downhill to Mcleodganj will terminate the trek. Bid goodbye to fellow trek mates and leader.
Trip officially ends.
Ex-Mandi: Adult: ₹9000/- per head on triple sharing basis + 5% GST
Group Requisite: 10 pax
- 03 night’s accommodation on triple sharing tents
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- Non Ac Transportation from Mcleodganj to Base
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- 5% GST
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Delhi.
- Transport till Mandi.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees (Additional)
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||15 days prior to departure||07 days prior to departure|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.