Kanha tiger reserve:
Kanha Tiger Reserve, also called Kanha National Park, is one of the tiger reserves of India and the largest national park of Madhya Pradesh, state in the heart of India. The present-day Kanha area was divided into two sanctuaries, Hallon and Banjar, of 250 and 300 km2 respectively.
The park has a significant population of royal Bengal tiger, Indian leopards, the sloth bear, barasingha and Indian wild dog. The lush sal and bamboo forests, grassy meadows and ravines of Kanha provided inspiration to Rudyard Kipling for his famous novel Jungle Book.
Kanha Tiger Reserve is home to over 1000 species of flowering plants. The lowland forest is a mixture of sal (Shorea robusta) and other mixed forest trees, interspersed with meadows. The highland forests are tropical moist dry deciduous type and of a completely different nature with bamboo (Dendrocalamus strictus) on slopes. A very good looking Indian ghost tree (Davidia involucrata) can also be seen in the dense forest.
Nocturnal animals like fox, hyena, jungle cat, civets, porcupine, ratel or honey badger and hares can be seen outside the park confines. Reptiles like pythons, cobras, krait, rat snakes, vipers, keelbacks and grass snakes are nocturnal animals, and are therefore rarely seen. There are many species of turtles as well as amphibians found in or near the water bodies.
|Day 1||Mumbai – Jabalpur||3AC/SL train|
|Day 2||Jabalpur – Kisli – Resort – Adventure activities||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Morning & Evening Forest Safaris||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Bird watching – Resort – Jabalpur – Mumbai||3AC/SL train||B,L,D|
Day 1: Mumbai – Jabalpur
Report at Chattrapti Shivaji Terminus and depart for Jabalpur. Meals on board will be taken care by self. Our representatives will be around to help out.
Day 2: Jabalpur – Kisli – Resort
Arrive at Jabalpur station and transfer to vehicle for journey to Kanha. Check in to the resort amidst the forest and rejuvenate. The day is filled with adventure activities. Enjoy lunch and head for adventure activities in the resort followed by campfire and star gazing. Evening tea snacks will be served and dinner.
Day 3: Morning & Evening safari
Wake up early and with tea and biscuits ready for jungle safari #1. Drive into the forest and enjoy every moment of being into a forest. Driving through sharp curves of Sal forest and hills is an experience in itself. The atmosphere inside is very cool although the search (scouting) for the tiger is heated up. Return to resort for breakfast & after lunch again head inside for safari #2. As the sun sets the horizon turns red and trees turn dark return back to the resort. Enjoy DJ followed by dinner and lights off.
Day 4: Kanha – Kisli – Jabalpur – Mumbai
After a silent walk around birdwatching fill in your pallet with healthy breakfast and check out. Drive back to Jabalpur station and board train to Mumbai. Meals will be served on board.
Day 5: Mumbai
On reaching Mumbai you will be bid farewell with a gift hamper from The Tern Travellers. We shall see you again soon.
- Return train tickets on SL Economy class
- Accommodation on quad sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Return transfers by Non-AC luxuryVehicle.
- All Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary. (3Breakfast/3 Lunch/3 Dinner)
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Safari gypsy (6pax per gypsy)
- Adventure activities
- Disco and Music
- Games and recreation
- The Tern Travellers Leader & Naturalist
- Leader Charges
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Single Sharing room at Supplementary charges
- Additional meals apart from mentioned in the itinerary
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days before Departure||75%|
|07 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 15 days||50%|
|15 to 03 days||80%|
|Less than 03 days or No show||100%|
Starting from April 9th until 12th June 2018
Every Tuesday & Friday.
April: 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27.
May: 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29.
June: 1, 5, 8, 12.