Kanha Tiger Reserve, also called Kanha National Park, is one of the tiger reserves of India and the largest national park of Madhya Pradesh, state in the heart of India. The present-day Kanha area was divided into two sanctuaries, Hallon and Banjar, of 250 and 300 km2 respectively.
The park has a significant population of royal Bengal tiger, Indian leopards, the sloth bear, barasingha and Indian wild dog.
The lush sal and bamboo forests, grassy meadows and ravines of Kanha provided inspiration to Rudyard Kipling for his famous novel Jungle Book. Kanha Tiger Reserve is home to over 1000 species of flowering plants. The lowland forest is a mixture of sal (Shorea robusta) and other mixed forest trees, interspersed with meadows. The highland forests are tropical moist dry deciduous type and of a completely different nature with bamboo (Dendrocalamus strictus) on slopes. A very good looking Indian ghost tree (Davidia involucrata) can also be seen in the dense forest.
Nocturnal animals like fox, hyena, jungle cat, civets, porcupine, ratel or honey badger and hares can be seen outside the park confines. Reptiles like pythons, cobras, krait, rat snakes, vipers, keelbacks and grass snakes are nocturnal animals, and are therefore rarely seen. There are many species of turtles as well as amphibians found in or near the water bodies.
No of Days Ex – Jabalpur 03 Days
Grade Jungle Safari Easy
Type Wildlife Safari
|Day 1||Jabalpur – Kanha (Evening Safari)||Luxury Resort||L,D|
|Day 2||Kanha (Morning & Evening Safari)||Luxury Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Kanha (Morning Safari) – Jabalpur||B|
Day 1: Jabalpur – Kanha (Evening Safari) (135Kms/3Hrs)
Arrive at Jabalpur Railway station and meet our representative. Transfer to vehicles and drive to Kanha through the quiet and misty forests of Satpura Hills. Arrive at Kanha resort, check in and rejuvenate. Lunch will be served and vehicles for Safari would be ready to drive you in the forest. Return from safari for tea and relax. Early dinner followed by early light off.
Day 2: Kanha (Morning & Evening Safari)
Drive for early Morning safari in Kanha National Park after pre-dawn tea and later return back to resort for breakfast. Until Lunch relax or explore around property. Post lunch evening safari in Kanha National park. In the evening we shall discuss more about photography and birds of Kanha meadows. Later in the evening wildlife documentaries will be shown or showcasing your pics on the big screen. Dinner will be served and call it off a day.
Day 3: Kanha (Morning Safari) – Jabalpur (135Kms/3Hrs)
After breakfast check out from the resort. Drive to Jabalpur for drop at station. Do not forget to be a part of a Group photo.
Tour officially ends here.
Ex-Mumbai: Indians: Adult: ₹16,300/-*** per head
Ex-Jabalpur: Indians: Adult: ₹12,900/- per head
***Note: Above mentioned hotel are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Return 3AC train fare (Garibrath)***
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle.
- All Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary. (2Breakfast/2 Lunch/ 2 Dinner)
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Safari gypsy (6pax per gypsy)
- The Tern Travellers Leader & Naturalist
- GST@ 5%
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|21 days before Departure||75%|
|14 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 21 days||50%|
|21 to 07 days||80%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for safaris (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius)
- Energy bars for safaris
- Wildlife safaris are a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our safaris are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Next Departure dates: 01st May