It falls under the Sahyadri Sub Cluster of the Western Ghats which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is a biodiversity hotspot known for various types of wild flowers which bloom annually in the months of August and September. The plateau is situated at an altitude of 1200 metres and is approximately 1,000 hectares in area. Kaas has more than 850 different species of flowering plants of which 624 are listed on the IUCN Red List. These include orchids, shrubs such as the Karvy, and carnivorous plants such as Drosera Indica.
The name Kaas is said to originate from the kaasa tree (Elaeocarpus glandulosus).
Few list of the flowers found in Kaas:
- Adenoon indicum(local name mothi sonaki)
- Aerids maculosum
- Aponogeton satarensis(local name Vaytura)
- Arisaema murrayi(local name Pandhara Sapkanda)
- Begonia crenata
- Ceropegia jainii(local name Somada)
- Ceropegia vincaefolia(local name Kandilpushpa/ Kandil kharchudi- कंदिल खर्चुडी)
- Ceropegia media
- Chlorophytum glaucoides(local name Musali)
- Cyanotis tuberosa(local name Abhali)
- Dendrobium barbatulum(Bharangee)
- Dioscorea bulbifera(local name dukkar kanda)
- Dipcadi montanum(Deepkadee)
- Drosera burmanni(local name Davbindu)
- Drosera indica(local name Gavati Davbindu – गवती दवबिंदू)
- Elaeocarpus glandulosus(local name Kaasa)
- Exacum tetragonum(local name Udi chirayat)
- Flemingia nilgheriensis
- Habenaria grandifloriformis
- Habenaria heyneana(local name toothbrush Orchid)
Region Kaas Plateau, Satara
No of Days Ex – Mumbai 02 Days
Grade Easy Trail
|Day 1||Mumbai – Kaas||D||Resort|
|Day 2||Kaas – Mumbai||B|
Day 1: Mumbai to Kaas Plateau
Report at Meeting point early morning and transfer to Kaas Plateau. Check in to the hotel and fresh up. Explore the vicinity of the resort and visit Kaas plateau. Rest of the evening is at leisure.
Day 2: Kaas – Mumbai
Pre Breakfast, an early visit to Kaas again and photographing sunrise over the Flowering plateau. The photographs no doubt will be amazing with dew to add to it. Return to resort for breakfast and pack up. Check out from the resort and transfer to Mumbai.
Tour officially ends.
|Kaas||Kaas Resort or Similar||Deluxe|
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis in above mentioned hotel.
- Transfers by Vehicle. (Mumbai – Kaas – Mumbai)
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Kaas Trail
- Guide fees
- Entry charges for Kaas Plateau
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Entry fees to other than Kaas Plateau
- Airfares/Rail fares.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|Advance||Balance on or before 7 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Batch 1 – 02nd October 2020