The spectacular meadows atop the Jalsu Pass trek and en-route offer a mesmerizing view. Jalsu Pass is the easiest connecting link between Chamba and Kangra Valleys. Throughout the Chamba Kailash Yatra season, which is during monsoons, this trail remains busy with pilgrims and adventurers alike. Some trekkers even call this Flower Valley of Himachal Pradesh and rightly so. Jalsu Pass can be crossed between early April and late October. The best period remains the July-August period when the valley is blossoming with greenery all around.
Region Dhauladhar, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Mcleodganj 06 Days
Trekking days 06 Days
Max Altitude Jalsu Pass (3900mts)
|Day 1||Dharamshala – Baijnath||Camps||L,D|
|Day 2||Utrala – Parai||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Parai – Yara Gote||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Yara Gote – Surai||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Surai – Nayagraon||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Nayagraon – Chamba||B|
Day 01: Dharamshala to Baijnath 80km drive
Drive to Baijnath by jeep. It is one of the pilgrim centres of Hindu because of very ancient temple of Shiva Vaidhyanath (lord of Physicians). Legend has it that this is where king Ravana (from the epic Ramayana) supplicated Shiva for the boon of immortality. The linga enshrined in this sanctum is one of the 12 Jyortilinga (Lord Shiva’s stone image) in the country. Overnight in Tents
Day 02: Utrala to Parai (2390mtrs)
Utrala-Parai (2390mtrs) the trek weaves all along the Parai nallah having gentle climb night halt in tents.
Day 03: Parai to Yara Gote
Parai to Yara Gote (cross over Jalsu pass – 3600mtrs) Jalsu pass is an accessible pass and is easy to cross trekkers and pilgrimage who takes part in Mani Mahesh pilgrimage often cross this pass and stay at Yara Gote which has vast green meadows. Local people establish seasonal tea stalls to the help the trekkers and pilgrimage. Night stay in tents
Day 04: Yara Gote to Surai village (2788mtrs)
Yara Gote – Surai village (2788mtrs). The trek descends from Yara Gote to Surai having dense forest of mixed variety. This region is also famous for collection of medicinal plants night halt in tents.
Day 05: Surai to Jalsu Pass to Nayagraon
Surai – Nayagraon, the trek to Nayagraon, few villages at intervals, the trek descends steeply at places and from Ravi onwards a jeep able road. Night stay in village house or in tents
Day 06: Nayagran – Bharmour or Chamba
Nayagran – Chamba by jeep/Bus. Bid Goodbye to fellow trekkers and leader.
Trip officially ends.
- 05 night’s accommodation on triple sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 05 nights in tent
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Manali.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
A/c Name: Nabeel Ansari
A/c Number: 318401010137546
Nature of A/c: Current
Bank: Union Bank of India
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 18th November 2017