About the Tour:
HORNBILL FESTIVAL IS AN AMAZING CONGREGATION OF NAGA COMMUNITY DISPLAYING THEIR GREAT CULTURAL TRADITIONS.
The 16 major tribes and many sub-tribes of Naga community gather at the Heritage complex in Kisama to an exclusive insight of their tradition. Tourists throng the place during this week long festival to witness the incredible people.
The Festival is named after the Hornbill, the globally respected bird and which is displayed in folklore in most of the state’s tribes.
The week long festival unites one and all in Nagaland and people enjoy the colorful performances, crafts, sports, food fairs, games and religious ceremonies. Traditional arts which include paintings, wood carvings, and sculptures are also on display. Hornbill Festival highlights include traditional naga morungs exhibition and sale of arts and crafts, food stalls, herbal medicine stalls, flower shows and sales, cultural medley-songs and dances, fashion shows, beauty contest, traditional archery, naga wrestling, indigenous games, and musical concert.
No of Days 03 Days
|Day 2||Dimapur – Kohima||L,B,D||Hotel|
|Day 3||Kohima – Kigwema||L,B,D||Hotel|
|Day 4||Kigwema ( Hornbill Festival)||L,B,D||Hotel|
|Day 5||Kohima – Khonoma – Kohima||L,B,D||Hotel|
|Day 6||Kohima – Dimapur||B|
Day 1: Welcome to Dimapur !
Arrival at Dimapur Airport. Meet the leader and proceed to hotel. Enroute lunch. Check in & rest. Evening, free to spend leisure time or explore on yourself. Overnight stay at Dimapur.
Day 2: Dimapur to Kohima
After breakfast proceed towards Kohima, the capital of Nagaland. Evening check In Hotel. Overnight stay at Kohima.
Day 3: Kohima to Kigwema-Hornbill Festival
The Day is for witnessing the famous Hornbill festival! Savor beakfast and proceed to Kisama Village, known for Hornbill Festival. Witness the beautiful tribes of Nagaland in different attire performing various cultural music and dances. Why not to try local brew, cuisines, handicrafts, weaving & martial arts (As per daily schedule). Evening free to attend concert (on your own expense). Overnight stay in hotel at Kohima
Day 4: Hornbill Festival
Today we will experience the Hornbill festival again to see more of Naga cultures (As per daily schedule). Evening free for night carnivals in the outskirt of Kohima (on your own expense). Overnight stay in hotel at Kohima.
Day 5: Kohima – Khonoma – Kohima
Early morning post breakfast, proceed to the first Green Village of India-Khonoma. Explore and trail around the beautiful village of Khonoma. Back to Kohima for lunch. Post lunch, visit World War 2 Cemetery and Cathedral Church. Back to hotel by evening. Overnight stay in hotel at Kohima.
Day 6: Kohima to Dimapur
Pack your bags and check out from Kohima towards Dimapur. Late evening arrival and board the train or flight for the onward journey.
Tour officially ends here.
Land Package: Rs.17500/- per head + 5% GST
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC vehicles
- Meals as per the itinerary.
- Day sightseeing
- GST (5%)
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Entry fee if any
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fares.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At booking||15 days prior|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour (Xylo/Innova/Scorpio) will accommodate 6 people in 1 car. Tour manager have rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided. Heater facility is not provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- The Tern Travellers hold the rights to amend the price of the tour due to force reasons such as increase in market rate, transportation cost rise due to fuel price hike, etc. without prior notice.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.