Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat, kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
Harishchandragad trek is possible the best trek in Sahyadris. It has 3 main routes from which one can reach the fort; they are Nali chi vat, Khireshwar and Paachnai, with difficult rating of very difficult, difficult and easy respectively. After trekking kalsubai and ratangad, harischandragad was always on my card and the opportunity was presented in the 1st week of October. The best time to trek harischandragad is when the monsoon is retreating i.e end of September and early October because nature is at its best with light clouds, mist, fog, wildflowers, portable water streams, butterflies all around and can see all points with greenery all around.
|Day 1||Kalyan – Khireshwar – Harishchandragad||L, D||Tents|
|Day 2||Harishchandragad – Khireshwar – Kalyan||B|
Day Wise Itinerary
0815Hrs: Reporting at CST
0830Hrs: Board Kalyan Slow local
0930Hrs: Reach Kalyan and transfer to vehicle.
1030Hrs: Halt for Breakfast en-route
1230Hrs: Reach Base village
1300Hrs: Lunch at base village
1345Hrs: Instructions to be given to all trekkers.
1415Hrs: Start trek to the peak
1745Hrs: Reach peak
1715Hrs: Enjoy at the peak and explore
1745Hrs: Camp on the Plateau
1930Hrs: Dinner will be served
2030Hrs: Star gazing and singing songs around the campfire
2200Hrs: Call it a day
0600Hrs: Wakeup call
0700Hrs: Breakfast will be served
0800Hrs: Start Descend
1130Hrs: Reach Base Village and Proceed for lunch
1130Hrs: Transfer to vehicle and start Journey back to Kalyan
1330Hrs: Reach Kalyan
1345Hrs: Board train to CST
1500Hrs: Reach CST
Trip officially ends.
- Transfer from Kalyan to Base village in Non AC transportation.
- Meals as per itinerary
- Tents on triple share
- Sleeping bags
- First Aid Kit
- Guide fees
- Trip expertise
- Trek Leader
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|Advance||Balance on or before 3 days|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 16th December 2017