Escape to the natural wonders of Great Himalayas, just south east of Manali, for an unforgettable experience. Hampta Pass trek is the beginners delight in every way easy access, dense pine forest, beautiful meadows, adrenaline pumping river crossings and a high altitude mountain pass called Hampta. It got its name from the Hampta village and shepherds and villagers used this pass to enter in Lahaul Spiti valley of Himachal. This was traditional alternative route between Lahaul and Kullu Valley before the road was made over Rohtang Pass.
Hampta Pass is a moderate trek with a scope of mixing lot of other adventure activities to suit varying duration and interest of trekkers. It starts from the Prini village and takes us to the majestic foothills of The Great Himalayas, the Pir Panjal Range which is the largest range of the lower Himalayas. Over this trek one will see different hues of nature as you gain altitude from thick green pine forest to awe inspiring view of Mt. Deo Tibba and Mt. Indrasan and their snaking down glaciers to the barren landscape of Lahaul and Spiti valley.
This trek connects two valley Kullu and Lahaul, so one can get different sort of landscapes. Kullu is full of vegetation and greenery and in contrast, Lahaul valley is completely rocky and sandy with brown mountains with snow-clad peaks. Here scenario of nature changes every day.
Region Dhauladhar, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Manali 06 Days
Trekking days 04 Days
Max Altitude Hampta Pass (4268Mtrs)
Type Himalayan Trek
|Day 1||Arrive Manali – Acclimatization day||Hotel||D|
|Day 2||Manali – Prini – Jwara||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Jwara – Balu ka Gera||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Balu ka Gera – Hampta Pass – Balu ka Gera||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Balu Ka Gera – Jwara – Prini – Manali||Hotel||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Manali – CoO||B|
Day 01: Arrive Manali (2000mtrs) + Manali local sightseeing tour
Morning arrive Manali check in hotel (Early check in subject to room availability). Freshen up at hotel and refresh.
After lunch go for little acclimatize afternoon Manali sightseeing tour visit Hadimba Temple built in 1553 with a superbly crafted four tiered pagoda roof, it is famous for its exquisitely carved doorway. Club House: The Club House with its comprehensive facilities that include a roller skating ring, an auditorium, billiards rooms, a library, a bar and restaurant makes wonderful outing for the day. Visit Manu temple which located in old Manali. Later proceeding to Vashisht village well known for its hot springs. Later visit Tibetan Monastery, Van Vihar.
Evening free for leisure and explore the mall/market of Manali.
(NOTE: Sightseeing would be done at own cost)
Overnight stay at hotel
Day 02: Manali to Prini to Chikka/Jwara (3100m) (15Kms/5-6Hrs)
Leave Manali, we will drive 3 km south of Manali on the left bank of Beas River to Prini village-starting point of our trek. Passing through Prini village and temple located above the village, we climb gradually for 3hrs until arriving at Hampta village and Sethan village. Sethan village is small settlements of early horseman known as Khampas of Tibetan origin, who mainly dealt with trekking mules till date. 45-minute walk through alpine forest to the Panduropa; Panduropa is known for the small paddy field – where Pandavas of Mahabharata during their exile, spent a part of time in this region and said to be cultivated crops at Panduropa. Now we trek 1hr horizontally through thickly forested area with abundance of flowers. Cross over Rani Nala and reach campsite Jwara.
Relax and enjoy the beauty capturing moments in your lenses or just sitting by the side.
Overnight stay in Camp
Day 03: Chikka to Jwara 3300m to Balu ka Gera 3700m. 5/6 hrs Trek (Easy Trek)
Today leave Jwara, following the left banks of Hampta. Later we cross Hampta stream by bridge and another wooden bridge at a short distance. Around Chikka some fantastic view of Rocky Mountains. After crossing the second bridge, a gentle climb for 2Hrs. Until we pass through a waterfall. The next adventure is going to be a stream crossing. With the help of Guide you may cross the stream. Now the trail gently climbs to Balu ka Gera campsite. From where we will have first view of our next day crossing of Hampta pass. It’s a beautiful campsite close to crystal clear water. Be aware of Bear in this area by early season trek and late season trek. The area itself is known for Bears Den. Keep exploring the surrounding to witness a rare view of Himalayan Black Bears.
Overnight stay at Camp
Day 04: Balu Ka Gera to Hampta Pass (4268m) Balu Ka Gera (7-8Hrs trek)
(Moderate Ascent and Descend)
A gradual climb begins after Balu ka Gera (bears den). Balu ka Gera is known for wild flowers, rocks and caves. Another 90mins of trail takes you to Hampta pass. From Hampta pass fantastic view of Inder kila, Deo Tibba (6001m) and Indrasan (6220m). Which are some breathtaking views, after crossing the Hampta pass, one enters the Lahaul valley. We don’t cross the pass but turn back to our Campsite of Balu ka Gera.
Overnight stay at Camps
Day 05: Balu Ka Gera to Jwara to Prini to Manali (8-9Hrs trek)
As you sum up the final day, this will be a long but a steady and easy walk. Packed lunch will be given for lunch en-route at the waterfall and reach Prini by late afternoon. Transfer to vehicle and drive to Manali. Check in to your cottages and rejuvenate. Sumptuous dinner will be served to revitalize and destress you from a long trek.
Overnight stay in cottage
Day 06: Manali – Delhi
After breakfast, pack up and check out as we bid goodbye to fellow trek mates.
Trip officially ends.
Ex-Manali: Adult: ₹7500/-* per head on triple sharing basis + 5% GST
Group Requisite: 10 pax
|Manali||Cottages or Similar||Deluxe|
- 03 night’s accommodation on triple sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 02 night in hotel
- 03 nights in tent
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation. The vehicle used under each pax bracket will be as follows:
- non Air-conditioned Tata sumo car in Manali
- Transfer from hotel to Prini and Prini to hotel
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- 5% GST
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Manali.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.