About the tour:
“The clearest way to the universe is through the forest. In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks” – John Muir
Don’t let the above quote disenchant you from the fabulous city of Mumbai. These words of John Muir are as much applicable to Mumbai as they might be to any other pristine landscapes in the countries hinterland. For here, in this city, in our backyard lies one of the most astounding biological treasures. Mumbaikars’ are indeed blessed to be living in a bustling metropolis and yet have pristine wilderness in their backyard as well.
The sewri dock encompasses the wide spread pink migrants from Kutch to Sewri. Their journey to Mumbai mangroves is for an ideal reason of feeding. Sewri and other mangroves across the western coastal belt is the feeding ground for these flamingos.
To know more about these migratory birds join us as we spread across awareness about mangrove conservation and information about the flamingos landing to these mangroves.
Meet our trip leader at 0700 am at Sewri railway station crossing (E) and walk towards the jetty. (One can also reach directly to sewri jetty) A quick briefing session by the naturalist while you engross in the enchanting pink horizon of the sea. The naturalist will take you through the importance of Mangroves for cities, feeding of flamingos, habitat, migration, breeding, species of flamingos, differentiate between species and importance of shorelines for these winter migrants. Also get an opportunity of looking at them closely as the naturalist sets the spotting scope to have a better view of the same. The session will last for about 3 to 4 hours at a stretch and depends on the tide timings.
P.S: The session time totally depends on the tide timings and is subject to change. The meeting time will be informed prior to event day to all participants through email as per tide timings.
- Trail Guide expertise
- Trail packet
- Naturalist fees
- Expertise of The Tern Travellers
- Any transport from origin to Meeting point
- Any meals
- Anything specifically NOT mentioned in Includes
|Advance (Non Refundable)||Balance on or before 3 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||50%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 03 days||75%|
|Less than 03 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 21st January 2018
Batch 2: 11th February 2018
Batch 3: 25th February 2018
Batch 4: 04th March 2018
Batch 5: 18th March 2018