Corbett tiger reserve:
Jim Corbett National Park is the oldest national park in India and was established in 1936 as Hailey National Park to protect the endangered Bengal tiger. It is located in Nainital district of Uttarakhand and was named after Jim Corbett who played a key role in its establishment. The park was the first to come under the Project Tiger initiative.
The park has sub-Himalayan belt geographical and ecological characteristics. Corbett National Park comprises 520.8 km2 (201.1sq mi) area of hills, riverine belts, marshy depressions, grasslands and a large lake. The elevation ranges from 1,300 to 4,000ft (400 to 1,220 m). Winter nights are cold but the days are bright and sunny. It rains from July to September.
Forest covers almost 73% of the park, 10% of the area consists of grasslands. It houses around 110 tree species, 50 species of mammals, 580 bird species and 25 reptile species.
|Day 1||Mumbai – Delhi||3AC/SL train|
|Day 2||Delhi – Ramnagar – Resort – Adventure activities||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Morning & Evening Forest Safaris||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Bird watching – Resort – Delhi – Mumbai||3AC/SL train||B,L,D|
Day 1: Mumbai – Delhi
Report at Bandra terminus and depart for Delhi. Meals on board will be taken care by self. Our representatives will be around to help out.
Day 2: Delhi – Ramnagar (Corbett) – Resort
Arrive at Delhi station and transfer to vehicle for journey to Corbett. Check in to the resort amidst the forest and rejuvenate. The day is filled with adventure activities. Enjoy lunch and head for adventure activities in the resort followed by campfire and star gazing. Evening tea snacks will be served and dinner.
Day 3: Morning & Evening safari
Wake up early and with tea and biscuits ready for jungle safari #1. Drive into the forest and enjoy every moment of being into a forest. Driving through sharp curves of Sal forest and hills is an experience in itself. The atmosphere inside is very cool although the search (scouting) for the tiger is heated up. Return to resort for breakfast & after lunch again head inside for safari #2. As the sun sets the horizon turns red and trees turn dark return back to the resort. Enjoy DJ followed by dinner and lights off.
Day 4: Corbett – Ramnagar – Delhi – Mumbai
After a silent walk around birdwatching fill in your pallet with healthy breakfast and check out. Drive back to Delhi station and board train to Mumbai. Meals will be served on board.
Day 5: Mumbai
On reaching Mumbai you will be bid farewell with a gift hamper from The Tern Travellers. We shall see you again soon.
- Return train tickets on SL Economy class
- Accommodation on quad sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Return transfers by Non-AC luxury Vehicle.
- All Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary. (3Breakfast/3 Lunch/3 Dinner)
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Safari gypsy (6pax per gypsy)
- Adventure activities
- Disco and Music
- Games and recreation
- The Tern Travellers Leader & Naturalist
- Leader Charges
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Single Sharing room at Supplementary charges
- Additional meals apart from mentioned in the itinerary
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days before Departure||75%|
|07 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 15 days||50%|
|15 to 03 days||80%|
|Less than 03 days or No show||100%|
Starting from April 9th until 15th June 2018
Every Monday & Thursday.
April: 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30.
May: 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31.
June: 4, 7, 11.