About the place:
Sanjay Gandhi national park:
Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP), previously Borivali National Park, is a large protected area in the northern part of Mumbai city in Maharashtra State in India. It encompasses an area of 104 sq.km and is surrounded on three sides by India’s most populous city. It is notable as one of the major national parks existing within a metropolis limit and is one of the most visited parks in the world.
The rich flora and fauna of Sanjay Gandhi National Park attracts more than 2 million visitors every year.
A total 172 species of butterflies have been reported here, of which the spectacular ones are blue Mormon, the phenomenal artist of camouflage the blue oak leaf, the bright jezebel and large yellow and white orange tip, tiger butterfly, egg flies and sailors. There are a number of moths too. The largest moth is the size of a sparrow (30 cm).
Type: Nature Trail / Butterfly Trail
No of days: 01
Trail time: 2 – 3Hrs
SGNP, Main Gate
|Day 1||SGNP – Trail – SGNP||Snacks|
Day Wise Itinerary
0700Hrs: Reporting at SGNP main gate
0715Hrs: Entry to National Park
0730Hrs: Butterfly trail around main gate
0930Hrs: Butterfly trail in NIC
1130Hrs: Information on Butterflies and its life
1230Hrs: Drop at Main gate
Trip officially ends.
Ex SGNP: Indians: Adult ₹350/-* per person
Foreign Nationals: On request
- Entry fees for National Park
- Entry fees to NIC Butterfly trail
- First Aid Kit
- Guide fees
- Trip expertise
- Naturalist from Tern Travellers team
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|Advance (Non Refundable)||Balance on or before 3 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||50%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack (10Ltrs)
- Reference books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius)
- Energy bars