Bhandup is truly one of the best kept secrets for observing birds. It encompasses diverse landscapes with salt pans, grassland, a lake, mangrove forest and a creek .One can explore the creek in a boat ride where one can observe a large number of lesser and greater flamingos along with various other birds such as puple heron, Northern pintail, Black tailed godwit, Rudy Shelduck , Plover,Whimbrel, lesser whistling duck etc to name a few.
Meet at Bhandup Pumping Station Bus stop at 0700 am to our Naturalist cum leader. We shall walk for about 5 minutes to enter the main gate of pumping station. Walk around the mangroves for about 3 hrs exploring and understanding urban flora and fauna with mangrove study. This rich biodiversity hot spot in Mumbai has a lot to tell us about the urban and biodiversity and a great example of “Best Out of Waste”. Our Naturalist will also have a quick Q&A session with all participants to boost knowledge and indulge more in Urban wildlife Conservation & importance of Mangroves for city. We shall provide with trail packet to munch in through the trail.
PS: Do not litter the waste around from our trail packets.
- Bird Naturalist
- Trail snack packet
- Travel from origin to meeting point
- Anything specifically NOT mentioned in includes
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||03 days prior to departure|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 10 days||50%|
|10 to 07 days||70%|
|07 to 03 days||90%|
|Less than 03 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius)
- Energy bars
- Wildlife safaris/Bird watching is a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Birdwatching is a hobby and not a race, hence request all birders to maintain discipline at all times.
- Bird watching is an art of silence and key observation.
- Avoid Pointing out directly to a bird that might flush the bird away.
- Do not get too close to a bird for a photograph that you flush it away.
- Birdwatching should be enjoyed by binoculars and the fun is to spot them, identify them and if you still have some time with the bird photograph them.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our walks are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Batch 1: 19th January 2020