About the tour:
Thimphu: Thimphu, formerly spelled Thimbu is the capital and largest city of Bhutan. It is situated in the western central part of Bhutan and the surrounding valley is one of Bhutan’s dzongkhags, the Thimphu District. The city became the capital of Bhutan in 1961. It has a population of 91,000, as of 2011.The city is spread out laterally in a north-south direction on the west bank of the valley formed by the Raidāk River, which is known as the Wang Chuu or Thimphu Chuu in Bhutan. Thimphu is the third highest capital in the world by altitude and is spread over an altitudinal range between 2,248metres (7,375 feet) and 2,648metres (8,688 feet).Unusually for a capital city, Thimphu is not served by an airport, but relies on the Paro Airport connected by road some 54 kilometers (34 miles) away.
Paro: Paro is a town and seat of Paro District in the Paro Valley of Bhutan. It is home to Paro Airport, Bhutan’s only international airport.
Haa District: Haa District is one of the 20 dzongkhag or districts comprising Bhutan. Per the 2005 census, the population of Haa dzongkhag was 11,648, making it the second least populated dzongkhag in Bhutan after Gasa. The dominant language of the district is Dzongkha, the national language. Haa’s major feature is the Haa Valley, a steep north-south valley with a narrow floor. The name Haa (pronounced “hah”), as well as the more ancient name has (pronounced “hay”), connotes esoteric hiddenness. An alternative name for the district is “Hidden-Land Rice Valley.”
Trail Bagdogra – Phuentsholing – Thimphu – Paro – Phuentsholing
Region Bhutan, Eastern Himalayas
No of Days Ex – Bagdogra 07 Days
Maximum Altitudes Thimphu (2400Metres/7578ft)
|Day 1||Bagdogra – Phuentsholing||D||Hotel|
|Day 2||Phuentsholing – Thimphu||B,D||Hotel|
|Day 3||Thimphu Full day C.T||B,D||Hotel|
|Day 4||Thimphu – Paro||B,D||Hotel|
|Day 5||Excursion to Chelele/Takhtsang/Punakha||B,D||Hotel|
|Day 6||Paro – Phuentsholing||B,D||Hotel|
|Day 7||Phuentsholing – Bagdogra||B|
Day 01: NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Phuentsholing
(Distance: 170kms / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Phuentsholing: 293mts)
Meet & greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport and transfer to Phuentsholing – The Gateway of Bhutan by Road from India. It is a thriving commercial centre on the northern edge of the Indian Plains. On arrival check in to hotel and stay at Phuentsholing
Day 02: Phuentsholing – Thimphu
(Distance: 176kms. / Driving Time: 6 hrs. / Altitude of Thimphu: 2350mts.)
After breakfast complete the immigration formalities and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check in to the hotel. In evening, visit the Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion). Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimphu Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) a place for refreshing with a huge statue of Buddha on the top of the Kuensel Phodrang, National Memorial Chorten (Monument) & Folk Heritage Museum. Afternoon visit Sangaygang View Point, Changangkha Monastery, Taking Preserve Centre, The talking national animal of Bhutan can be seen here Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion). Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 04: Thimphu– Paro Sightseeing
(Distance:. / Altitude of Paro: 2280mts.)
After breakfast drive to Paro (7,483ft). On arrival check in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Ta Dzong – National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha, etc. Rinpung Dzong – Meaning “fortress of the heap of jewels”. The dzong now serves as the administrative and judicial seat of Paro. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 05: Excursion to Chele-La-Pass
(Distance: 35kms. One way / Driving Time: 2 hrs. / Altitude of Chele-La-Pass: 3810mts.)
After breakfast head out for excursion trip to Chele-La-Pass (13,088 ft.) – the highest motorable road in Bhutan. Enjoy the scenic beauty & memorable landscapes from Chele-La-Pass. Back to Paro. Rest of the day is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro
Excursion to Taktshang Monastery
After breakfast visit famous Taktsang Monastery – called “Tiger’s Nest” (2 hrs hike from the base camp).This monastery is built amazingly on a cliff. It is said that Guru Rimpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery and hence called a “Tiger Nest” .This monastery was built in 1692 caught fire on 19thApril 1998, that damaged the main structure of the building and some religious contents. On a sunny day please do remember to carry sunscreen lotions, water, walking stick and a hat. Once you reach the monastery please do not forget to have a peep at the tiger’s nests. It is usually led into by a small door. Overnight stay will be at Paro.
Thimphu – Punakha/Wangdue Sightseeing
(Distance: 77kms. / Driving Time: 3 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1310mts.)
After breakfast drive to Punakha / Wangdue, on the way Stop at Dochu-La-Pass (3150mts.) to view the higher Himalayas. We arrive at Punakha and check in to the hotel. After noon visit Punakha Dzong – built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. Evening free for leisure and overnight stay will be at Thimphu.
Day 06: Paro – Phuentsholing- Hasimara
(Distance: 200kms. / Driving Time: 7 hrs.)
After breakfast check out from hotel and transfer to Phuentsoling. Overnight stay at Phuentsholing
Day 07: Phuentsholing- NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport
(Distance: 170kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Phuentsholing: 293mts.)
After breakfast check out from hotel and transfer to Bagdogra airport or New Jalpaiguri / Alipurduar/ Hasimara railway station for return journey
Tour officially ends.
|Location||Hotel Names||No. of Nights|
|Phuentsholing||Orchid Resort or Similar||02|
|Thimphu||Peaceful Resort or Similar||02|
|Punakha||Kingaling or Similar|
|Paro||Taktsang Paradise or Similar||02|
***Note: Above mentioned hotels are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned 3* hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per above Itinerary
- Daily Buffet breakfast & dinner is included in the package.
- Airport/Station transfers at Bagdogra/NJP Railway station by Non-AC Vehicles
- Professional certified guide
- Mineral water throughout the tour (1/day)
- Permit from Phuentsholing (Inner Line Permit)
- Leader charges
- The Tern Travellers Expertise
- The Tern Travellers professional certified Tour Leader
- All tolls, permits, parking, fees and taxes (wherever applicable).
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Daily lunch
- Entry ticket fees to Museums, Parks, etc.
- Ropeway, Boating, Yak ride, Rafting, Helicopter ride.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees, guide charges.
- Airfares/Rail fares.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|45 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 120 days||25%|
|120 to 90 days||35%|
|90 to 60 days||50%|
|60 to 30 days||60%|
|30 to 15 days||80%|
|Less than 15 days||100%|
Documents Required (For Non-Indians and NRIs)
Participants are advised to carry the following documents for their own safety and convenience or for any permits to be taken during the activities.
- Compulsory for Foreigners, Non-Resident Indians
- Desirable for Indians
- Three latest photographs
- For Indians who do not have a passport:
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
- Driving license
- Pan Card (Has to be qualified with a proof of address as Pan Card is not a proof of Address)
- Election ID Card
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
You will be required to carry the original of the document that you forward to make various permits (if any).
Keep copies of valid Passport and Visa (if any) handy.
Also carry additional copies of all the above for any other permits required.
You need not hand the document but maintain them yourself and produce them yourself if and when asked for. Please carry these documents on the trek as well as you may be asked for it at the various check posts.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if the The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour (Xylo/Innova/Scorpio) will accommodate 6 people in 1 car. Tour manager have rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided. Heater facility is not provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- The Tern Travellers hold the rights to amend the price of the tour due to force reasons such as increase in market rate, transportation cost rise due to fuel price hike, etc. without prior notice.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.