Bhrigu Lake is a lake located at an elevation of around 4,300 metres (14,100ft) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is located to the east of Rohtang Pass and is around 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from Gulaba village. It can be reached by trekking either from the Vashisht temple, which is famous for its hot water springs, which is close to the town of Manali or from Gulaba village. Actually there is no settlement in Gulaba and is actually an area of the Pir Panjal mountain range. It is named after Maharishi Bhrigu.
Legend has it that the Sage used to meditate near the lake and hence it has been rendered sacred; the locals believe that due to this the lake never freezes completely
Region Dhauladhar, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Manali 04 Days
Trekking days 04 Days
Max Altitude Bhrigu Lake (14009ft)
|Day 1||Manali – Gulaba||Camps||L,D|
|Day 2||Gulaba – Rola Khuli||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Rola Khuli – Bhrigu Lake – Bhrigu Base camp||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Bhrigu base – Gulaba – Manali||B|
Day 01: Reach Gulaba from Manali 8,530ft (1 hour drive + 1 hour trek)
Take an overnight bus from Delhi and reach Manali before noon. We will pick you up from Manali at 2.00 pm to drive to Gulaba. The pickup point at Manali will be Rambagh circle on Mall Road. This is close to the Manali Bus Stand. The 22 km route to Gulaba will take you on the Manali-Rohtang Pass road, past Kolang, Palchan and Kothi. You will get fabulous views of pine forests and mountains as soon as you cross Kothi. Once a quiet hamlet, Gulaba is buzzing with tourists in transit to Rohtang Pass.
Apart from views of the meadows ahead, the Gulaba campsite gives a good break for acclimatization before hitting Rola Khuli at 12,566 ft.
Day 02: Gulaba to Rola Khuli
Altitude: 8,530ft to 12,566ft
Time taken: 3-4 hours, 7 km
Trek gradient: Moderate; Initial mix of flat walks and gradual ascents is followed by a steep climb for about 2 hours.
Water sources: None on the trail; ensure you carry 2 litres of water from Gulaba
Observe Mt. Hanuman Tibba towering over the meadow in the background. Below Hanuman Tibba are the Seven Sister peaks seated in the Beas Kund Valley. Turn right from the upper ridge of the meadow and head south. The second forested cover begins here.
Rola Khuli is a scenic grazing ground used by local shepherds. Located at the base of Bhrigu Lake, it makes for an ideal camping spot. You water source here is Chor Nallah, which flows across the camping ground.
Day 03: Rola Khuli to Bhrigu Lake and then to Bhrigu base camp. Excursion to Pandu Ropa
Altitude: 12,565ft to 14,009ft and then to 12,500ft
Time taken: 5-6 hours, 10 km
Trek gradient: Moderate; with climbs through boulders and grass and a few steep descents. Initial ascent for about an hour followed by a descent and level walks.
Water sources: Bhrigu Lake, streams along the way
Start early as you have a lot of distance to cover today. You have to trek a height of around 1,348 ft to reach Bhrigu Lake.
Bhrigu Lake rests between two high-altitude ridges. You begin with hiking to the first ridge, which is an hour away. The trail slowly turns from green to brown and white. As you reach the ridge, look for an oval glacial lake in the distance. Depending on the season, the lake is either surrounded by snow or fresh grass, along with alpine flowers.
An evening walk exploring the meadows at Pandu Ropa is not to be missed. It will take a couple of hours in the evening for you to soak in the meadows.
Day 04: Bhrigu Base Camp to Gulaba
Altitude: 12,500ft to 6,791ft
Time taken: 6 hours, 10 km
Trek gradient: Easy. Mostly descending
Water sources: Carry sufficient water from the camp site. You can refill your water bottles from streams along the way.
Today’s trek is an easy one. You get back to Gulaba through the meadows you came up from, skipping Rola Khuli campsite totally. The descent can be a bit steep but is good on your legs given you are always in the meadows. It takes about 5 hours to reach Gulaba. Gulaba at 9,000ft is a better exit for your knees and feet as compared to Vashisht at 7,000 ft. Drive back to Manali and drop.
Trip officially ends.
Ex-Manali: Adult: ₹5700/-* per head on triple sharing basis
Group Requisite: 10 pax
- 03 night’s accommodation on triple sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 03 nights in tent
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Manali.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.