KING OF THE ROCKS – BERA LEOPARD EXPEDITION
2 NIGHTS/3 DAYS
About the tour:
The word Godwad (pronounced as goad – waad) in local language literally translates to “area in the foothills”…..The hills locally are called “Mangras” & the natives-when asked about their home or location, promptly say: “Mangra re god (pronounced as goad) me” meaning: “in the foothills”.
So , for this very reason, the foothills of the Aravalli’s in South Rajasthan comprising of Pali & Sirohi districts are generally referred to as – “Godwad”. Apart from being a very rich bio – diversity zone, it is also one of the most culturally rich areas of Rajasthan state. We would gladly say that like its motherland India- Godwad too is a rich example of “unity in diversity”.
Examples such as The Evasive Leopard crouching its way through the bushes hoping to pounce upon its prey, a lovely Demoiselle Crane standing on one leg doing the yoga posture in pristine waters around various water bodies, a shepherd from the maverick “Raika” community meandering his flock of sheep or a farmer busy with his daily business – all of these in the vicinity. The co – existence of Man & Nature has been an example from ages & the region of Godwad is still one of the finest examples of it.
The “Aravalli’s” is one of the oldest mountain ranges known to Mankind. Godwad region too exists under the patronage of this very mountain range which has nurtured this region & its natives with motherly care and affection. But Godwad, as the child of mother Aravalli, is slightly different from some other regions of Aravalli’s. It’s a very diverse area climatically but has always been a potent place for agriculture & animal grazing. Though it might have a hostile terrain but also is home to many species of Flora & Fauna. The rocky hills around this region are outcrops of Granite which also provide a perfect hideaway for the evasive leopard.
The Leopards have lost their territory to ever increasing pressure of human demands from the nature. This beautiful creature is under enormous pressure of losing its territory forever. Keeping this in mind, the government declared this region as a Leopard conservation zone. After this protection, the density has increased and so have the chances to sight the Leopard in its natural surroundings.
|Day 1||Abu Road – Bera (Evening Safari)||L,D||Hotel|
|Day 2||Bera leopard Safaris||B,L,D||Hotel|
|Day 3||Bera – Abu Road||B|
Day 1: Abu – Bera (90Kms/2 Hrs)
Arrive at Abu Road and meet our trip leader at Abu Road Station, welcome all nature enthusiast and travellers. The drive from Abu Road is of about 2Hrs hence our meeting time at Abu road station is 0930Hrs and we drive from Abu Road to resort. However, participants are expected to complete their breakfast and report. As we drive to rocky plains the wait of witnessing a fiercely predator is breaking. And soon we reach our resort, where we are not only welcomed in traditional style by the hospitality group but also the warm and welcoming birds, trees and the vivid beauty of nature. Rooms will be given and you can freshen up and relax after a long drive that we had. Meet for lunch with your cameras and binoculars and soon after you finish lunch we head for our first safari in the Forests of Bera (Mountain Plains). Evening some hot tea – would be served atop a hill with sight of sunset alongside of a lake. An evening stroll around the cottages, perhaps a shorter one as time doesn’t permit. Relaxing in your Swiss Tents, playing a mouth organ and watching the night come to life in forest is an experience within itself. Dinner will be served and we call this day off early for an early rise next day.
Day 2: Bera (Morning & Evening Safari)
Wake up to the calls of your alarm as you have to catch the first sight of leopards under first rays of light. Early morning tea will refresh you and we head out in the forest in gypsy. Photographing the birds and sighting some rare leopards will add to exotic flavours of forest safaris. Return back to resort for breakfast and relaxation. One can walk around for some birding. Freshly cooked aromatic food will be served in lunch. Post lunch we head for another safari in the woods until evening and return with some real experiences of a Scrub hill forest. Evening tea and snacks will be provided atop the hill with sight of sunset alongside of a lake. Post dinner we sit out and look at the stars listening to stories of such a rich bio-diversity. We call it a day.
Day 3: Bera – Abu (90Kms/2 Hrs)
Wake up by 0630Hrs and get your bags packed. Freshen up and meet in the dining hall for early breakfast. As we walk out the property for some first ray birding in Godwad. Spotting some exotic and threatened species adds to the list of fauna. We wave goodbye to the forest, its owner and care takers after we check out. Remember the drive is 2Hrs to Abu Road (Do stock up water that will suffix you). We shall reach Abu Road by 1300Hrs. (Note: Please book flights or trains post 1600Hrs for some buffer time in hand of any emergency scenarios) Drop at Abu Road Station and wave goodbye to all your fellow travel mates, leader and nature enthusiasts. We hope to see you again on some other fascinating yet exciting trip in some part of this world.
Tour officially ends.
Ex-Abu Road: Adult: ₹16400/-* per head on twin sharing basis + GST 5%
Group Requisite: 08 pax
|Bera||Godwad Leopard Safari Camp||Deluxe|
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotel
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle from Abu road
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary
- 3 Wildlife Safaris
- Guide Charges
- Forest permits, Gypsy charges
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fare
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
October: 18, 19