The Chandratal Baralacha Trek is packed with everything that one would cherish during a journey. The shimmering sunset on the turquoise waters of Chandratal, undulated landscape, mountain passes, several small streams, lush green meadows, wild and colourful orchards and wildlife all together make the journey worth reliving every moment. The Chandratal Lake at an altitude of about 4,300 meters is one of the high altitude lakes in the Indian Himalayan region that is located on Samudra Tapu plateau of Spiti valley. The lake is the source of Chandra River, which is a major tributary of Chenab River. Occupying the mind of trekkers, photographers and nature lovers, the Chandratal Baralacha Trek is one of the popular alpine treks in Himachal Pradesh that is filled with surprises at every turn.
Baralacha La, at an elevation of 4,890 meters and lying on the Leh-Manali Highway, is one of the high altitude motorable mountain passes that connects the Spiti, Ladakh, Zanskar and Lahaul regions. Further, the journey makes it an ideal MINDSCAPER as it moves through the lush green valleys and forests of Kullu valley to the barren lands of Spiti en route several small villages inhabited by various sects of Indo -Tibetans.
The Chandartal Baralacha Trek commences from Batal, which is a few kilometres away from Keylong. Keylong is approximately 115 kilometres of drive from Manali. The trek from Batal leads to Chandartal, which is about 6 – 7 hours of trail, covering approximately 18 kilometers. Throughout the journey one can enjoy the panoramic view of the Lahaul range and peaks like Minar at 6,172 meters, Talagiri at 6,279 meters, Tara Pahar at 6,227 meters and Mulkila at 6,517 meters. The vicinity encircling Chandratal offers a great opportunity to camp overnight. From Chandratal the trail further leads to Tokpo Gongma at 4,420 meters and thereafter winds to Tokpo Yogma at 4,650 meters. From Tokpo Yogma the trek leads off at Baralacha Pass and wheels to Manali. To make your tour more exciting you can also visit the colourful vicinity of Suraj Tal, which is a short and easy trek from Baralacha Pass. Suraj Tal is another high altitude lake in the Indian Himalayan region that is also considered as one of the sacred lakes.
Region Lahaul Spiti, Himachal
No of Days Ex–Manali 06 Days
Trekking days 06 Days
Max Altitude Baralacha Pass (4950mts)
|Day 1||Arrive Manali – Acclimatization day||Camps||D|
|Day 2||Manali – Batal||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Batal – Chandratal||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Chandratal – Tokpo Yogma||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 5||Tokpo Yogma – Tokpo Gongma||Camps||B,L,D|
|Day 6||Tokpo Gongma – Baralacha – Manali||B,L|
Day 01: Arrive Manali (2000mtrs) | Acclimatization day
Morning arrive Manali check in hotel (Early check in subject to room availability). Freshen up at hotel and refresh.
After lunch go for little acclimatize afternoon Manali sightseeing tour visit Hadimba Temple built in 1553 with a superbly crafted four tiered pagoda roof, it is famous for its exquisitely carved doorway. Club House: The Club House with its comprehensive facilities that include a roller skating ring, an auditorium, billiards rooms, a library, a bar and restaurant makes wonderful outing for the day. Visit Manu temple which located in old Manali. Later proceeding to Vashisht village well known for its hot springs. Later visit Tibetan Monastery, Van Vihar.
Evening free for leisure and explore the mall/market of Manali.
(NOTE: Sightseeing would be done at own cost)
Overnight stay at hotel
Day 02: Manali – Batal (100Kms/ 4hrs)
Morning after breakfast drive to Batal via Rohtang pass (3980mts) and on arrival at Batal set out tent for overnight stay. In the afternoon take a hike for acclimatisation. Return to the camp in the evening. Dinner & Overnight stay in tents.
Day 03: Batal – Chandartal (18Kms/6 Hrs)
After an early breakfast trek to Chandartal (4250mts/13940ft) with packed lunch. Chandartal is of exquisite beauty between a lower ridge and the main Kunzum range, the outlet being into Chandra River. Dinner & overnight stay in camp
Day 04: Chandra Tal – Tokpo Yogma (4350Mts/14300 Ft) 12Kms 6 Hrs
After breakfast we will trek to Tokpo Yogma. Enjoy a good view of the mountain peaks and glaciers throughout the trek to reach Tokpo Gongma (4400 m). Stop for Packed lunch on the way to Tokpo Yogma. Tokpo means river in Tibetan and Gongma means big. Dinner and overnight stay in tents
Day 05: Tokpo Yogma – Tokpo Gongma (4650Mts/15250 Ft) 10Kms/5 Hrs
Today we will trek to Tokpo Gongma with packed lunch via Tokpo Yogma River. In this trek we will use ropes for crossing the streams. On arrival set out camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 06: Tokpo Gongma – Baralacha (4950Mts/16236 Ft) 10Kms/5 Hrs – Manali (By Jeep)
Take breakfast at Camp, and we start the day by crossing Tokpo Gongma (Upper River). On this day we will have to hike for 10kms to reach Baralacha La. Baralacha La (4950 M) is a double pass. It marks the divide between the Himalaya and Lahaul Ranges and also between the Himalaya and the Baralacha Range extending to the North. Packed lunch on the way to Baralacha, Baralacha (4883 m) is an interesting 8kms long pass and gives rise to three rivers viz Chandra, Bhaga and Yunam. Baralacha means ‘pass with cross roads on summit ‘. Roads from Zanskar, Ladakh, Spiti and Lahaul meet on top of the pass. Upon arrival at Baralacha Pass will meet our Jeeps and drive straight to Manali. Freshen up at the hotel and bid goodbye to fellow trek mate and leader.
Trip officially ends.
Ex-Manali: Adult: ₹11,000/-* per head on triple sharing basis + 5%GST
Group Requisite: 10 pax
|Manali||Cottages or Similar||Deluxe|
- 05 night’s accommodation on triple sharing at the hotels & tents mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary.
- 01 night in hotel
- 04 nights in tent
- Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner as per the itinerary
- Sleeping bags and mattresses during trek
- Local Guides accompanying the group
- Staff: Guide, cook, helpers, trekking mules/horse or porters.
- Camping & forest fees etc.
- Medical first aid supply
- All transfers will be by non-air-conditioned transportation. The vehicle used under each pax bracket will be as follows:
- non Air-conditioned Tata sumo car in Manali
- Transfer from hotel to Batal and Baralacha to hotel
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- 24Hrs First Aid Kit
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Trek Leader from The Tern Travellers
- 5% GST
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Manali.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Entry fees to Museums, parks, etc.
- Any emergency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||25%|
|30 days prior to departure||50%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.