BANDHAVGARH tiger reserve:
This wild life park derived its very name from an ancient fort in the area. Bandhavgarh National Park belongs to the Vindhyan mountain ranges of central India and it boasts to have the highest density of tiger population in the country. Now there are about 46 to 52 tigers one can spot here.
The forests of Bandhavgarh are the white tiger jungles of the yesteryears. However, no white tigers have been reported from the wild in the last 50 years, and it is believed that less than a dozen have been seen in India in about a hundred years. And yet when white tigers were sighted, it was right here in Bandhavgarh.
Once a hunting reserve of the royal family of Rewa in more recent times, Bandhavgarh was declared a park in 1968. This is also the site where the famous WHITE TIGERS of Rewa were discovered.
Wandering through the Bandhavgarh national park on an Elephant Back, the chances of seeing a tiger are quite good. Among the other wild attractions include, Blue Bull, Four Horned Antelope, Spotted Deer, Indian Gazelle, Wild Boar and sometimes a Fox or Jackal.
Region Vindhya, Rewa Forest
No of Days Ex – Jabalpur 03 Days
Grade Jungle Safari Easy
Type Wildlife Safari
|Day 1||Jabalpur – Bandhavgarh – Evening Safari||Resort||L,D|
|Day 2||Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve Safari (Morning and Evening)||Resort||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Bandhavgarh – Jabalpur||B|
Day 1: Jabalpur – Bandhavgarh
After reaching Jabalpur station, meet our representative and transfer to vehicle for drive to Bandhavgarh (3hr road journey with one halt). Reach by afternoon 12pm & check in to the resort. Lunch will be served and get ready for your first jungle safari in the Sal forest of Bandhavgarh. The greenery & lush rich biodiversity of the forest will make you feel rejoiced. If you are sharing jeep with our wildlife expert you probably might end up having a good jungle talk and knowledgeable safari. Keep your Binocs, camera & eyes wide open to look out for birds, mammals, etc. around. Return for evening tea with a sit out discussing days sighting and QNA session.
Day 2: Morning & Evening Safari
With an early wake up call, have a quick tea cup and head out for safari number 2, this time from a different safari track and zone. The forest has different gifts in different corners. We look out for the big cat and also enjoy birding which is an active part in the morning time. There are high chances of sighting big cats early morning as their walking activity is high for hunting & territory marking. Return for breakfast and relax until Lunch. Post lunch enjoy the 3rd safari (we have 3 beautiful chances to spot the big cats and the other elusive animals of the forest – Be patient & vigilant). Return in the evening for tea and discussing sighting. List out number of birds you spotted while in all 3 safaris, don’t miss the colourful feathers. Dinner and day off
Day 3: Bandhavgarh – Jabalpur
After breakfast check out and drive to Jabalpur. Drop at Railway station/Airport. Collect your train tickets from the Tour leader and board train back to Mumbai.
Ex-Mumbai: Indians: Adult: ₹16,300/-*** per head
Ex-Jabalpur: Indians: Adult: ₹12,900/- per head
***Note: Above mentioned hotel are subject to change depending on availability & the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Return 3AC train fare (Garibrath)***
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis in above mentioned.
- Return transfers by AC Vehicle.
- All Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary. (2Breakfast/2 Lunch/ 2 Dinner)
- Safari charges, forest permits, guide charges.
- Safari gypsy (6pax per gypsy)
- The Tern Travellers Leader & Naturalist
- GST@ 5%
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fares****
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|21 days before Departure||75%|
|14 days before departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 30 days||25%|
|30 to 21 days||50%|
|21 to 07 days||80%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for safaris (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for safaris
- Wildlife safaris are a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our safaris are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Departure dates: 18Oct, 19Nov, 13Dec, 27Dec, 31Jan, 28Feb, 12Mar, 24Apr
Total seats: 20 each batch
(The above rate is valid until June 2020 for all departure dates mentioned above except Christmas/New year vacation)