The Agumbe Rainforest Research Station (ARRS) is a field based conservation and research organisation situated inside the Agumbe Reserved Forest at Agumbe in the central Western Ghats of southern India. The Agumbe Reserved Forests receives an annual rainfall in excess of 7,000 mm (280 in) and is at an elevation of about 640 m (2,100ft) above sea level. It forms a part of the Malnad-Kodagu corridor, which also includes the Someshwara, Mookambika, Bhadra, and Sharavati Wildlife Sanctuaries, Kudremukh National Park, and various other forest tracts and reserve forests around Kundapur, Shankaranarayana, Hosanagara, Sringeri, and Thirthahalli.
Region Agumbe, Western Ghats
No of Days Ex – Mangalore 03 Days
Grade Jungle walks Easy
Type Wildlife Forest walks
|Day 1||Mangalore – Agumbe||L,D||Resort/FRH|
|Day 3||Agumbe – Mangalore||B|
Day 1: Mangalore – Agumbe (120Kms/3Hrs)
Arrive Agumbe and transfer to Hotel by AC transportation. Check in to the resort and relax. Enjoy lunch at resort and head out for afternoon nature trail in Agumbe Rainforest. Explore the forest of Agumbe. Dinner will be served in Agumbe Rainforest Research station. Head back to Resort.
Day 2: Agumbe
Early morning we head out for Agumbe for early morning trail in search of Gliding Drecko and Rainforest birds. Breakfast will be served at Agumbe and post breakfast we take a stroll in the forests of Agumbe in search of King Cobra, Lion tailed macaque and others. Lunch in ARRS and afternoon will be photography session on Reptile and macro photography. Evening few birds photography session and later in the night we go in search of snakes, scorpions and other reptiles and amphibians. Dinner will be served at ARRS, another night trail after Dinner and head back to Resort.
Day 3: Agumbe – Mangalore (120Kms/3Hrs)
Rise up to call of birds, and enjoy breakfast. Check out from the Resort and transfer to Mangalore station. Tour ends with remarkable memories.
|Agumbe||Kalgreen Valley Resort or Similar||Resort/FRH|
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis in above mentioned hotel.
- Transfers by AC Vehicle. (Mangalore – Agumbe – Mangalore)
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Forest trails.
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|30 days prior to departure||100%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.