The Agumbe Rainforest Research Station (ARRS) is a field based conservation and research organisation situated inside the Agumbe Reserved Forest at Agumbe in the central Western Ghats of southern India. The Agumbe Reserved Forests receives an annual rainfall in excess of 7,000 mm (280 in) and is at an elevation of about 640 m (2,100ft) above sea level. It forms a part of the Malnad-Kodagu corridor, which also includes the Someshwara, Mookambika, Bhadra, and Sharavati Wildlife Sanctuaries, Kudremukh National Park, and various other forest tracts and reserve forests around Kundapur, Shankaranarayana, Hosanagara, Sringeri, and Thirthahalli.
Region Agumbe, Western Ghats
No of Days Ex – Mangalore 02 Days
Grade Jungle walks Easy
Type Wildlife Forest walks
|Day 1||Mangalore – Agumbe||L,D||FRH|
|Day 2||Agumbe – Mangalore||B|
Day 1: Mangalore – Agumbe (120Kms/3Hrs)
Arrive Agumbe and transfer to Rainforest research station. Rest house will be allotted and relax. Head out for Agumbe trail in search of Gliding Drecko and Rainforest birds. Breakfast will be served at Agumbe and post breakfast we take a stroll in the forests of Agumbe in search of King Cobra, Lion tailed macaque and others. Lunch in ARRS and afternoon will be photography session on Reptile and macro photography. Evening few birds photography session and later in the night we go in search of snakes, scorpions and other reptiles and amphibians. Dinner will be served at ARRS, another night trail after Dinner and head back to Resort.
Day 2: Agumbe – Mangalore (120Kms/3Hrs)
Rise up to call of birds, and enjoy breakfast. Take another walk around the research station looking out for birds and Lion tailed macaque. Enjoy Lunch and transfer to Mangalore station. Tour ends with remarkable memories.
Ex-Mangalore: Adult: TBA
|Agumbe||Rainforest Research Station||FRH|
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis in above mentioned hotel.
- Transfers by AC Vehicle. (Mangalore – Agumbe – Mangalore)
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Forest trails.
- Expertise and service charges
- Leader charges
- Wildlife naturalist with group
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|Advance (Non Refundable)||Balance on or before 3 days|
|At the time of booking||50%||50%|
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|21 – 35 days||25%|
|21 – 14 days||50%|
|14 – 07 days||75%|
|Less than 07 days or No show||100%|
Things to Carry:
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius)
- Energy bars
- Wildlife safaris/Bird watching is a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Birdwatching is a hobby and not a race, hence request all birders to maintain discipline at all times.
- Bird watching is an art of silence and key observation.
- Avoid Pointing out directly to a bird that might flush the bird away.
- Do not get too close to a bird for a photograph that you flush it away.
- Birdwatching should be enjoyed by binoculars and the fun is to spot them, identify them and if you still have some time with the bird photograph them.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our walks are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Departure date: TBA