About the tour:
Arunachal Pradesh, whose name means “Land of the Dawn-Lit Mountains” in Sanskrit, is also known as the Orchid State of India or the Paradise of the Botanists. Geographically, it is the largest among the North-east Indian states commonly known as the Seven Sister States. As in other parts of Northeast India, the people native to the state trace their origins to the Tibeto-Burman people. In recent times, a large number of migrants from various parts of India and other lands have built extensive economic and cultural ties with the state’s population.
Most of Arunachal Pradesh is covered by the Himalayas. However, parts of Lohit, Changlang and Tirap are covered by the Patkai hills. Kangto, Nyegi Kangsang, the main Gorichen peak and the Eastern Gorichen peak are some of the highest peaks in this region of the Himalayas. The land is mostly mountainous with the Himalayan ranges running north south. These divide the state into five river valleys: the Kameng, the Subansiri, the Siang, the Lohit and the Tirap. All these are fed by snow from the Himalayas and countless rivers and rivulets. The mightiest of these rivers is Siang, called the Tsangpo in Tibet, which becomes the Brahmaputra after it is joined by the Dibang and the Lohit in the plains of Assam.
The mountain slopes and hills are covered with alpine, temperate, and subtropical forests of dwarf rhododendron, oak, pine, maple, fir, and juniper; sal (Shorea robusta) and teak. Arunachal Pradesh is endowed with diverse forests and magnificent wildlife. It harbors over 5000 plants, about 85 terrestrial mammals, over 500 birds and a large number of butterflies, insects and reptiles. At the lowest elevations, essentially at Arunachal Pradesh’s border with Assam, are Brahmaputra Valley semi-evergreen forests. Much of the state, including the Himalayan foothills and the Patkai hills, are home to Eastern Himalayan broadleaf forests.
Arunachal finds mention in the literature of Kalika Purana and Mahabharata. This place is supposed to be the Prabhu Mountains of the Puranas. It was here that sage Parashuram washed away his sin, sage Vyasa meditated, King Bhishmaka founded his kingdom and Lord Krishna married his consort Rukmini.
The Land of Rising Sun – Arunachal Pradesh
The widely scattered archaeological remains at different places in Arunachal bears testimony to its rich cultural heritage. Arunachal Pradesh, a serene land tucked into the North Eastern tip of India, invites you to relax in its picturesque hills and valleys, enjoy its salubrious climate and meet its simple and hospitable people, with their glorious heritage of arts and crafts and colourful festivals that reflect their ancient faith in the inexorable power of nature.
Trail Guwahati – Tezpur – Bomdila – Dirang – Tse La – Tawang – Bum La – Sangetsar – Zemithang Valley – Thembang – Sangti Valley – Nameri – Guwahati
Region Western Arunachal, Lower Himalayas
No of Days Ex – Guwahati 12 Days
Type Jeep Safari/Leisure
Passes Tse La, Bum La
Maximum Altitudes Tse La (4114 Metres) & Bum La (5029 Metres/15,200ft)
|Monday, October 10, 2016||CoO – Guwahati – Tezpur||Hotel|
|Tuesday, October 11, 2016||Tezpur – Bomdila||B||Hotel|
|Wednesday, October 12, 2016||Bomdila – Dirang||B||Hotel|
|Thursday, October 13, 2016||Dirang – Tse La – Tawang||B||Hotel|
|Friday, October 14, 2016||Tawang Sightseeing||B||Hotel|
|Saturday, October 15, 2016||Tawang – Bum La – Sangetsar Lake – Tawang||B||Hotel|
|Sunday, October 16, 2016||Tawang – Zemithang valley – Tawang||B||Hotel|
|Monday, October 17, 2016||Tawang – Dirang||B||Hotel|
|Tuesday, October 18, 2016||Dirang – Sangti Valley – Dirang||B||Hotel|
|Wednesday, October 19, 2016||Dirang – Nameri||B||Eco – Camps|
|Thursday, October 20, 2016||Nameri River Rafting – Guwahati||B||Hotel|
|Friday, October 21, 2016||Guwahati – Drop||B|
Day 1: Guwahati – Tezpur
Upon arrival at Guwahati, meet our leader and transfer to vehicle. Drive straight towards Tezpur- The clean Town of Assam. On the way we will stop at Thekeraguri for refreshment & lunch. Resume journey for Tezpur and check in to the Hotel. Evening Leisure & night stay in Tezpur.
Day 2: Tezpur – Bomdila via Bhalukpong
Today morning, post breakfast we will drive to Bomdila via bhalukpong. Our inner line permits gets checked here as this is the gateway to Arunachal. Don’t feel offended if they ask for ID cards as it is a mandatory process for every tourist arriving. Resume journey after the formalities and procedures are over. On the way visit places like:
- Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary
- Craft Centre
- Buddhist monasteries
Check in to the hotel in Bomdila, spend the evening relaxing as we have drove a lot and we have to drive a lot through hair pin bends and High altitude passes. An early sleep is advisable.
Day 3: Bomdila – Thembang – Dirang
Today morning after breakfast we will be driving to visit:
- Regional Apple Nursery
- Yak Breeding centre
- Lower Monastery
- Hot Spring Valley
Exploring the Roads of Arunachal and the biodiversity you see around is just mesmerising. Check in to the hotel in Dirang and rest for the day.
Day 4: Dirang – Tse La – Tawang
Today morning get up early and have light breakfast as the roads today are going to be winding and gaining altitude. Make sure you fill your tummy enough to stand altitude and the drive. A long and winding drive to Tawang “Switzerland of the East”. On our way we shall visit war cemetery. Continue with the drive till you reach Sela Pass at an altitude of 4114m / 13494 ft. It is famous for high altitude lakes & scenic beauty & is ideal for ice skating. Resume drive to Tawang, and check in to the hotel in Tawang. Spend the evening at leisure and explore the local market at own.
Day 5: Tawang – City Tour – Tawang
Post breakfast we will drive for Tawang local sightseeing. Tawang sightseeing includes:
- Tawang Monastery
- Namgye Lhaste
- Gorsham Chorten
- Gontse Garden
- Singar Ani Gompa
Also in the evening enjoy war memorial show in Tawang. Head back to Hotel and relax for the rest of the day.
Day 6: Tawang – Bum La – Madhuri Lake – Tawang
Today, drive to one of the most iconic lakes in Tawang – Madhuri Lake also known as Sangetsar Lake is going to win your hearts over any lake in that region. The famous Bollywood film – ‘Koyla’ was shot here and Bollywood actress ‘Madhuri Dixit’ performed in the lake. Since than the Lake has been named after her and has attained a touristic spot arrival. Later from there we drive further to Bum La pass (5029m) – the highest pass we are covering on the entire drive. Is also close the McMohan line of Tawang. You need Inner line permits and special permissions to visit the line. If time permits and official allows we shall try to make it to that point. We return back to Tawang and spend the day at leisure.
Day 7: Tawang – Zemithang Valley – Tawang
Today after breakfast we drive to a lovely place called Zemithang Valley. It is a place shared between Bhutan/China/India border and one can expect lovely views of Snow-capped Mountains. Also it encompasses more than 100years old ancient temples which are worth visiting in Zemithang. Return to hotel for freshening up and walk out in the local market of Tawang. One should definitely try the local delicacies of Tawang.
Day 8: Tawang – Dirang
Today after early check out from Tawang and drive to Dirang. En-route we shall embrace west Kamen waterfall, which will make you hold your breath for a while. Check in to hotel in evening and spend it at leisure.
Day 9: Dirang – Sangti Valley – Dirang
After breakfast we will drive to Sangti valley excursion & orchid valley viewing. One can also view the migratory Black necked cranes and enormous number of orchids in the valley. You are free to explore the valley on own and photograph the elusive birds.
Day 10: Dirang – Nameri
Our drive today is quite long and strenuous. Nameri Eco – Camp is a forest famous for Hornbills, orchids and Fall Colours. One can experience fall colours in this region of Forest. Nameri is also famous for River Rafting.
Day 11: Nameri – River rafting – Guwahati
We will drive to river rafting start point. River rafting is done on Jia Bharali River. After rafting return to camp for breakfast & left Nameri by afternoon towards Guwahati via Tezpur. Evening @ Guwahati you will be taken to Alfresco @ River Cruise.
Day 12: Guwahati – Drop
Soon after breakfast, we check out from the hotel and head towards Station/Airport. Disperse with smiling faces and happy never ending memories of the state which is known as “The state of Dawn Lit Mountains”. We wish you a Happy Journey.
Tour officially ends.
|Location||Hotel Names||No. of Nights|
|Tawang||Zaxtar/ Gayki khang/Similar||04|
|Nameri||Nameri Eco Camp/Similar||01|
***Note: Above mentioned hotels are subject to change depending on the group size or similar category hotels will be offered.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in above mentioned hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per above Itinerary by Non-AC vehicles.
- Daily Buffet breakfast
- Airport/Station transfers at Guwahati by Non-AC Vehicles.
- Vehicle at Disposal (Non-AC)
- Inner Line Permit charges
- Leader charges
- Tern Travellers Expertise
- Service tax @ 3.63%
- All tolls, permits, parking and taxes (wherever applicable).
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Meals as prescribed in the itinerary
- Entry ticket fees to Museums, Parks, Monuments, Monasteries, Temples, etc.
- Rafting, Bum La Pass Special Pass, Madhuri lake Special Pass.
- Heater charges and Hot water charges if applicable.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees, guide charges.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
Notification during the trip:
- Carry warm clothes during the trip.
- Valid id proof is mandatory to carry for all adults.
- Every hotel has its own check in & check out time.
- Any mechanical breakdown of vehicle, a new vehicle will be given without any additional charges.
Applying for inner line pass:
- 2 passport size photos.
- Id proof (Xerox copy duly attested by govt. gazetted officer).
- Address proof (Xerox copy duly attested by govt. gazetted officer).
- 2 working days for getting the pass.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||50%|
|30 days prior to departure||75%|
|15 days prior to departure||100%|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: Nabeel Ansari
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 120 days||25%|
|120 to 90 days||35%|
|90 to 60 days||50%|
|60 to 30 days||60%|
|30 to 15 days||80%|
|Less than 15 days||100%|
Documents Required (For Non-Indians and NRIs)
Participants are advised to carry the following documents for their own safety and convenience or for any permits to be taken during the activities.
- Compulsory for Foreigners, Non-Resident Indians
- Desirable for Indians
- Three latest photographs
- For Indians who do not have a passport:
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
- Driving license
- Pan Card (Has to be qualified with a proof of address as Pan Card is not a proof of Address)
- Election ID Card
- Valid ID Card; this may include any of the following
You will be required to carry the original of the document that you forward to make various permits (if any).
Keep copies of valid Passport and Visa (if any) handy.
Also carry additional copies of all the above for any other permits required.
You need not hand the document but maintain them yourself and produce them yourself if and when asked for. Please carry these documents on the trek as well as you may be asked for it at the various check posts.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if the The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour (Xylo/Innova/Scorpio) will accommodate 6 people in 1 car. Tour manager have rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided. Heater facility is not provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- The Tern Travellers hold the rights to amend the price of the tour due to force reasons such as increase in market rate, transportation cost rise due to fuel price hike, etc. without prior notice.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 17th October 2017