Does it sound very familiar to our daily life? Yes indeed.
But at this training camp one will learn about survival in the forest. As we all learned once “Survival of the fittest” does apply here in the woods.
“We are the first one to launch such a program for an individual at a professional level.”
Do you have the zeal of wandering in the woods or mountains?
What if you get lost and have limited resources to track back?
Don’t worry we at THE TERN TRAVELLERS have organised a training camp where one will learn about the techniques of survival in the woods under the expert guidance (President scout, Himalayan wood Badge holder, prime first aider, Naturalist and a trained expert of camping techniques.)
Over a period of 2 days of training in groups, you will definitely be filled with some skills of survival.
The training will cover modules like:
– Learning the thumb rule of Outdoors
– Basics of Survival techniques (Packing, carrying, etc.)
– Finding Directions
– Pick the right wood
– First Aid
– Team building activities
– Understand the Sky
– How to light fire (Limited Resources and fast)
|MEETING POINT||Kalyan Railway station at 0800hrs.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 1800hrs at Kalyan Railway station|
|THINGS TO CARRY||Comfortable light clothing, hat, jacket, repellent, Winter wear and sunscreen.|
Report at Kalyan station and meet our representative, transfer to vehicle and drive to camp. Upon reaching cottages will be allotted and teams will be made. Breakfast will be served and we start with our first sessions of Survival Class. First sessions will comprise a mix of “thumb rule of outdoors, Basics of survival, Rope and knots”. Enjoy sumptuous lunch and get ready for some real wilderness skills. Post lunch; try your hands on the following:
- Quick Aid
- Water scouting and filtration
- Look for the right ones (someone’s waste is someone’s tool)
- Shelter making
By evening we enjoy around the campfire and enjoy dinner. A quickie on observing sky and its importance in directions will be imparted.
Wake up by the sun, just before breakfast tips on what to consider in wilderness after you wake up that should be the order of priority. Breakfast will be served and some interactive hours on directions, hunting skills and shelter making. Enjoy lunch with survival mates. Post lunch a 3Hour activity based on all those skills you’ve learned and certification to all. “We declare you as a trained survivor and have skills to survive”. You shall be dropped to station after tea and refreshments.
|Survival Training Level 1|
|Learning the thumb rule of Outdoors|
|Basics of Survival techniques|
|pick the right wood|
|Understand the Sky|
|Directions without Compass|
|Use of available resources|
- Return Non AC transport from Kalyan to Camp
- 1Nt accommodation in Dormitory/Camps
- Meals as per itinerary
- Activity equipment’s
- First Aid Kit (24 Hrs)
- Services of the Survival Trainer
- Expertise and charges
- Training course modules, equipment’s
- Travel from origin to Kalyan and return.
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, special orders, mineral water, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, etc.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/ Rail fares.
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
|PAYMENT SCHEDULE (Per person)|
|At the time of booking||03 days prior to departure|
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of payment schedule not followed.
|Cancellation period||Cancellation Charges on Cost|
|More than 10 days||50%|
|10 to 07 days||70%|
|07 to 03 days||90%|
|Less than 03 days or No show||100%|
Mode of payment
You may make the payment by the following modes:
You may hand over cash to us and we will be glad to send you a receipt against the payment.
You may use the electronic transfer facility to send us the payment. The following are the details
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
A/c name: The Tern Travellers (Nabeel Ansari)
Account type: Current
Account No: 318401010137546
IFSC Code: UBIN0531847
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that he/she is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
- Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like hotel accommodation voucher, drivel details, etc. shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
- For any reason if The Tern Travellers bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, he/she must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
- The Tern Travellers reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions (Political reason/Natural Calamities). Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases. Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any other kind of refund.
- Transport provided for the entire tour is as per group size. Skipper has rights to allocate as per the group size.
- Twin sharing accommodation is provided at all locations. In case of Extra Adult, mattress will be provided.
- In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given.
- Tour managers will be assisting travellers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
- Alcohol and narcotics are strictly prohibited.
Batch 1: 04th November 2017
Batch 2: 09th December 2017
Batch 3: 10th February 2017